Church of Australian Metal

Tassie speed metallers have finally dropped an album. Still remember buying their Boozehounds from Hell demo back in 2014 like it was yesterday. 8 fuckin' years later.

Reactions: Slammed
I remember listening to this a week or two back when someone told me Tassie doesn't have any metal bands. I haven't heard their demo but I did like the album.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, this guy is a whinger of the highest degree, can't find anything positive to say about the entire world, always focuses on the bad. No Tassie bands, no Tassie metal scene, No Tassie gigs, at the same time he was talking about seeing Tom Warrior at Dark Mofo.

My old mate Mick who spent 11 years in Mortification has resurrected his old band Terraphobia and they release their new album Rise today. Most of the work is done by Mick, including the production, but these days he's also got his son playing second guitar. (Fuck that makes me feel old, kids were miles off both our radars when I used to hit the local and Melbourne scenes with Mick's first band)

Terraphobia started out more as a heavy metal band than what they've become. It's kind of strange reading the band Bio on their Angelfire (yes Anglefire) website. He says that Terraphobia broke up originally due to fighting with the bass player who wanted to play grunge, but really the original band wasn't that far removed from grunge, they were heavy metal with a slightly darker outlook. Product Of Your Mind was a good EP but it certainly wasn't very heavy, however it was also 29 years ago. It was after Terraphobia broke up that Mick got into the heavier stuff, then he got further into it with Mort.

I haven't listened to the whole album yet but the single above is a step forward from Evilution and Enemy Within. I think his vocals have gotten better, lyric writing maybe not so much, but the whole package in the one song definitely seems like a better effort that Evilution.

Not real flash at the moment I think I've only got 4 Aussie albums and one of them wouldn't make a top 50!
I might have to hit up M-A to see what else has been released.

Ah shit.

Dunno if you're a fan of Butterfly or Galaxy but Phil from both bands released a solo heavy metal album. Hasn't quite grown on me yet but it's decent.

There's also the new heavy metal EP by Tangent, featuring Chris from Outcast and Ian from Shackles and Convent Guilt.

My list is looking pretty good, just waiting for the new D666 album before I share it.

Reactions: Slammed