Church of Australian Metal

I don't usually count live albums or EPs, but I might have to this year. If I count live albums I can get up to 10 because King Gizzard released about 6 albums on their own.
I'll have to give Flitcraft a listen, I haven't heard it before.
I'll wait until at least December to share mine :)

I did remember Ausmusict-shirt day today though!

Reactions: CiG
Just a day to support Aus music and Support Act. Buy and Aussie band t-shirt and money goes towards Support Act

I hate it when bands post messages on FB or the like and say they are no more without telling me why. Desecrator did it last year. Fuck it I want to know why!

Yeah mysterious wankers. Stop trying to be cool.

Btw since the new D666 album leaked, I might go ahead and rank my Aussie albums tonight.

I'm still not sure I've heard enough unless I count all the albums King Gizz have released this year.
I've listened to a couple of albums this week but not sure how I feel about them yet. I might have to jump on M-A and see what they have listed as Aussie releases for 2022

If you liked all the King Gizz albums they dropped this year, I see no reason not to include them.

Edit: I gotta find time to jam the D666 album though.

Reactions: Slammed
Nah they weren't all great. One will definitely make it but because they have so many songs and so many different phases their live shows are often hard to appreciate.

I just went through M-A for Aussie full lengths from this year and there was 167 listed. Some of them are single person shred, or single person BM type projects where they've released 4 albums in a week, many are from bands I haven't heard of and some are from bands I didn't know had released stuff. I've got a list of about 15 things here I hope to find and listen to...thank fuck for bandcamp!

FB_IMG_1669883268319.jpg
My Top 10 Australian Metal ov 2022, Mate:

1. Solemn Ceremony - Demise
2. Lucifer's Fall / Eldritch Rites - Graveyard Rites
3. Woe - Czernobog
4. Petrol - Petrol demo
5. Nocturnal Graves - An Outlaw's Stand
6. Eldritch Rites - Hell and Doom and Days Long Gone
7. Drownd - aNGST FiXaTioN
8. Faceless Burial - At the Foothills of Deliration
9. Ironhawk - Ritual of the Warpath
10. Flitcraft - Our Long Journey to the Middle

Looks like a fuckin' doom metal year this time. That Woe band features members of The Wizar'd and Tarot.

Just one listen so far but the new D666 album made me physically cringe at times. Weak as piss album. This isn't a wolf country, it's a dingo country you faggots.

A couple of those are on my 'to listen' list.
I was never a huge fan of D666 so I wasn't waiting for their album, but I haven't heard too many good reviews of it, or the songs released from it.

My list is a bit premature since December only just started but nothing in my wishlist yet to be released was anything especially interesting. I only waited for D666 because they're such a big name, but I knew based on the single that I wasn't gonna love it. That band has veered right into cringeworthy political metalrock territory.

I don't think there is anything on my list that I'm waiting for either, that includes from international bands. I don't think I've listened to or bought as much this year as I have in previous years, but I also don't think I'm going to go deep diving into hundreds of releases just for a list. There is a couple of Aussie albums I forgot about and a few I didn't know came out but that's going to be the extent of my hunting. When it comes to the other top 10 list it will more likely just be what I've bought.

Honestly if we included non-metal my list would feel a lot stronger. New albums by The Chats and Amyl & The Sniffers are easily my most-listened-to Aussie albums this year.

Honestly if we included non-metal my list would feel a lot stronger. New albums by The Chats and Amyl & The Sniffers are easily my most-listened-to Aussie albums this year.

A friend of mine talks a bit about Amyl she's seen them a few times and always listens to their music,but I've never actually heard anything they've done.

what the fuck is this lol

I'll go with, What is something I wont listen to for $2000 Alex!