3. Tyrannic - Mortuus Decadence
4. Portal - Avow
5. Lucifer's Fall - III - From the Deep
6. Fate's Hand - Fate's Hand
7. The Slow Death - Siege
8. Galaxy - On the Shore of Life
9. The Furor - Obliteration Matrix
10. Charnel Altar - Abatement of the Sun

I've only got 8 Australian albums from 2021 and one of them was almost un-rateable.

Actually no I didn't, but here ya go.

Top 10 Australian Metal of 2021:

1. Derailment - Come Clean in Death
2. StarGazer - Psychic Secretions
3. Tyrannic - Mortuus Decadence
4. Portal - Avow
5. Lucifer's Fall - III - From the Deep
6. Fate's Hand - Fate's Hand
7. The Slow Death - Siege
8. Galaxy - On the Shore of Life
9. The Furor - Obliteration Matrix
10. Charnel Altar - Abatement of the Sun

Only got the chance to listen to Galaxy when came out. Not bad but the vocals sound a bit off in parts.

That Fate’s Hand sounds interesting- not too many aussie acts try for that style these days.

Reactions: CiG
Nothing Sacred - No Gods. I used to see these guys around the traps 30+ years ago and they were really good live so when I heard they were releasing their first album in 33 years I hoped for something great. But that wasn't to be it was boring, uninspiring and not even good enough to be called generic thrash.

Nothing Sacred - No Gods. I used to see these guys around the traps 30+ years ago and they were really good live so when I heard they were releasing their first album in 33 years I hoped for something great. But that wasn't to be it was boring, uninspiring and not even good enough to be called generic thrash.
For a ‘speed metal” band it has a fair few mid-tempo plodders.

There has been a heap of 80's bands come back in the last few years and many of them have done mediocre records but even some of those showed some progression from their hiatus, Nothing Sacred seem to have gone backwards.

I need to listen to a few again, but I'll rate all 8 when I have done it.

FARK! I just had a look at M-A for a list of Aussie bands that released stuff in 2021 and there is 689 entries. It's more than likely that I wouldn't bother listening to a large number of them, probably even more certain that I wont be able to get hold of a heap of them but I'm going to go through the list and see if there is anything I've missed.

Looking at the list of releases for last year it seems like one and two man black metal or ambient black metal bands were the go. Lots of debut releases with no history.

I did find out Roadkill have been releasing songs on bandcamp. I'd forgotten about them but they've done a Cliff Richard cover, pinched the Will Smith slap for a cover pic, found some tits hidden by boxing gloves for another cover shot and found some naked chicks covered in mud for another... they've been busy! I need to listen to their Lockdown EP.

Hmmm, they aren't the band I was thinking of either. I do have their first album but for some reason I've got them mixed up with another band that was posted here which were Aussie (at least I think they were) and I can't remember their name. All I remember was that you posted their first album 3 or 4 years ago which was bloody good but their second wasn't so good. I don't know why I thought that was Roadkill.

That's them!
I was close :)
I thought I had Power but if I did I've gotten rid of it that's why Roadkill was the only name that popped up when I searched my database.