Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora North American Tour

Glenn....sorry to hear of no SoCal dates, but I totally understand the reasoning. If this mini-tour is deemed a success by the standards you have set, will you be open to the possibility of hitting us out here on the left coast???

I for one can't wait for this to happen, It's gonna kick ass even though it is just a mini tour.

I would love a date in STL at Pop's, but I will more than likely have to journey to Chicago or Minneapolis. Although if you really wanna make me happy there is a venue that was in Topeka (middle of Kansas) that just moved to KC and I went to the Katatonia show there on Sunday. I was expecting 20 people tops because thats what most shows are around here, but there was roughly 50-70 people there and they were there for Scar Symmetry and Insomnium which I found odd. Anyway, if you guys have any desire to bring it to STL and KC I know one of the bigger promoters in the area for smaller shows, if that makes sense, just shoot me a pm.

I will also go on record and say that Hoyt is doing a good job at booking this tour with the available resources at his disposal. ...We don't have big labels backing us so we cannot gamble on things.

I can tell you now that there will be no West Coast dates or any other Southern U.S. dates on this run. Limited Time and geographical distance alone decide that.

Yes, this has been an incredible experience for me :zombie: as I 'learn' who to call and where to take this tour with our limited time and budget. So bear with us this time and be willing to drive a few hours to see these bands. Remember - the more successful this tour is, the better the chances we could take a later one to different areas.

Stay Tuned everyone - we're in the final stretches. :cool:

We have to prove these bands are a viable option on a small scale before attempting a more extensive tour with futher costs. Geographical distance and larger venues are cost prohibiting factors to make this "test" tour a reality.

You have to walk before you can run.

I fully understand, Glenn. A successful tour is extremely hard to pull off these days.

That said, is there anything fans can do to help you and Hoyt? I'm not even talking about fans in the cities where the tour pulls into town. I mean, all of us on the Forum. What can we do to help you guys? I'm not one to sit on the sidelines. If there's something I can actually do I'd like to do it.

Bill

For all you West Coasties, why not take a road trip to Houston to FBI#1 and enjoy the show with us, it's gonna kick ass.

That said, is there anything fans can do to help you and Hoyt? I'm not even talking about fans in the cities where the tour pulls into town. I mean, all of us on the Forum. What can we do to help you guys? I'm not one to sit on the sidelines. If there's something I can actually do I'd like to do it.

Bill

We are going to put together a Street Team for the tour once we get the cities confirmed. We would indeed appreciate the help. Details to TBA.

Hoping for a MA/RI date, I really NEED to see this show. I would understand why there wouldn't be a MA/RI date if one doesn't get scheduled, but I'd be disappointed nevertheless. Preferably MA or RI over CT, but I'll go with what I can.

We'll see what happens.

Right? It does seem like all the shows for us are in Mokena these days.
Mokena is a nice little trip for me. I can get there in under two hours, and I can get out of there, and back on the road quite quickly. It's a nice venue .. should be the perfect kind of a setup for this prospective tour. I hope to see this tour come thru there.

Britt

Really never doing anything in Feb/Mar.....

Now...drive 4 hours to what ia likely a definitely freeze in VA?..or drive 6 and be cold/chilly at best, in Atlanta......hmmmmm......

I don't expect this tour to waste its time/money on Cleveland... but if it comes within a couple hours of me (Detroit/Columbus), consider me sold.

Mokena is a nice little trip for me. I can get there in under two hours, and I can get out of there, and back on the road quite quickly. It's a nice venue .. should be the perfect kind of a setup for this prospective tour. I hope to see this tour come thru there.

Britt

I like the venue, and the drive home is fine, but the drive there can be 2-3 hours for us, and that is 100% traffic. It's typically an hour home. The traffic is brutal!

I don't expect this tour to waste its time/money on Cleveland... but if it comes within a couple hours of me (Detroit/Columbus), consider me sold.
Huh? Cleveland is a fairly reasonable spot. Most of the startup tours for this stuff came through here - Symphony X, Kamelot, etc. Its on the way to or from Detroit and Chicago, as well.

Cleveland is very reasonable for this tour imo. Now, thats not to say it WILL, but its certainly a distinct possibility.