Clark Kent Match EQ IR Collection!! (FREE ofcourse)

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?mrh5dfhnqv956as

Hey, this is Clark Kent! Just wanted you guys to know that I'm doing this for free and you are free to use these IR's in your productions. What I wish for in return is that you simply mention my name when using these IR's. This is just to spread the word and to notify me if these have been useful. :)

This is NOT my full collection of matched IR's.

About these IR's:
They have been made using Overloud TH2 so if you use TH2 you will get the exact tone of these artists. Most of the time it's just the Rectifier Modern channel with everything at noon:
ClarkKentTH2Settings.jpg

Some tones are a Marshall like Paramore but I'm always using the same amp settings.

However these IR's most likely work with other modelers too. These IR's sculpt your tone in a very drastic way so what I've witnessed is that they make every guitar sound the same. So you can play a shitty guitar and it'll most likely sound just as good as professional recordings. Ofcourse it doesn't change a single coil sound into a humbucker.

Also I'm sure lots of Axe-Fx users will be interested in this collection. You guys are most likely used to tweaking a lot already so if the IR's don't sound right I'm sure a single PEQ block with a low end boost will do the trick.

I'll stop wasting your time now!

If you're using these in your DAW I suggest using Voxengo Boogex to load your IR's. Just set everything to zero in the program. It's FREE: http://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/

Clark Kent
email: clarkkentjob.band@gmail.com

not sure what happend there, if it's my fault or whatever, but they all sound like really phasey, strange ultra high end stuff
going on and so on-and I am using Voxengo and TH2 with the settings you mentioned, same with LeCab2.

strange-loaded one of the files into ReaVerb-worked, with latency, but after I did that it worked in Voxengo-still the same
problem with LeCab2 and LeCab1.

Probably something in your end. I've been doing recordings with these for a long time and no one has said anything bad about them. :)

They work fine for me. :)

Thanks a lot; I will try them all and I'm sure I'm gonna use some of them.

By the way, is there any chance that you are gonna "IR" some heavier in bands in the future? ;)

still not working correct in lecab, but they work fine in TH2 and Voxengo Boogex now-thanks man ;)
Similar sounds to all the mentioned bands-as soon as I started using the periphery impulse I had to djent...

Thanks guys and I hope these work for you!

They work fine for me. :)

Thanks a lot; I will try them all and I'm sure I'm gonna use some of them.

By the way, is there any chance that you are gonna "IR" some heavier in bands in the future? ;)

About heavier bands. I'm not taking requests and I'm not into black/death/trash metal. So probably not. Slipknot + djent genres are as heavy as I go at the moment. :)

still not working correct in lecab, but they work fine in TH2 and Voxengo Boogex now-thanks man ;)
Similar sounds to all the mentioned bands-as soon as I started using the periphery impulse I had to djent...

TBH I ditched lecab a long time ago. I'm glad to hear it works for you now. :)

Oh man! Big thanks! I will try them this week. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

yeah, i unfortunately am having the same phaseyness issue. Tried them with reaverb and voxengo and got the same results. I can tell these are some top notch IR's, I just wish I could figure out the problem so i can use them!