Your fave Recabinet (or 2.0) IR?

I'm really looking forward to this new stuff!

You should make some more youtube videos as well. I really like the way the other one was put together. Got any ideas for upcoming vids?

I'm sure we'll do a promotional video for Recabinet 3, but beyond that it's going to really depend on what kind of feedback/questions we get after release. I'll be happy to shoot another screencast tutorial once we get some feedback.

Hey guys,

Im kinda stumbling around figuring this stuff out - is there a thread any where on what impulses are?

I've loaded one into LeCab, and have deduced that that somehow the wave file is used to emulate the cab, but I've no idea why (for example) why there are 15 wave files :)

I've using logic pro x, the LePou plugins - so anything around those subject would be greatfully welcomed :)

3 years, one month, 6 days, 2 hours and 12 minutes... please use the search function or Google the
next time instead of bumping a really old thread.

And to answer your questions a bit:
Just think of IRs, also known as Impulses or Impulse Responses as a full parametric equalizer with
an incredible amount of bands. IRs are not dynamic, due to that it only sounds similar to a cab and
not 100% the same (still some of them are really close).

This is how a IR is created in a really simple way:
You send a signal through your amp, into your cabinet and record this with a microphone.
You send the same signal just through the preamp of your amp (sometimes poweramp, too) and record it, too.
Now you use a so-called convolution program that does something like this:

(Amp+Cabinet Signal) - (Amp Signal) = IR

This will be saved as a .wav file, due to different sounds created by different microphones, positions
and cabinets, there are loads of different sounding IRs.

In your case (using LePou Plugins) you want to simulate a normal guitar rig virtually, so your chain
will probably look like this (just a basic rig):
Guitar-->Interface-->Logic-->LePou Lecto-->LeCab

Lecto simulates an amp (in this case a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier) and LeCab simulates a cabinet.
Like I said before, the different IRs (in your case 15) will probably sound different because they
simulate different mic-positions, different cabinets or whatever.

If this doesn't answer your questions, please consult Google or pray to the almighty Spaghetti Monster for enlightment.