FREE!! Orange PPC412 IR pack!!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
Orange%20PPC412.jpg

EDIT: Only an SM57 was used!!! (forgot to mention that)

Also made the Rose of Sharyn clip using these IRs with no post processing:

Hey there. I made some sweetspot IR's out of my Orange PPC412 today. Every mic placement has its own (IMO proper sounding) flavor for different purposes. While I like all of them the "D speaker" is my favorite at the moment. The "C speaker" has an icepick I don't like for metal at least.. good for those über Orange tones I guess. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19579590/Clark Kent's ABCD Orange IRs.rar

Just to be clear:
A: Top left speaker
B: Top right speaker
C: Bottom left speaker
D: Bottom right speaker

The "2" means another position on the same speaker. I did a reeeeeally quick test for myself on how these IR's would work in a mix. I didn't do anything to the mix here so maybe it's better not to judge on this mix:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Orange cab's sound is really starting to become one of my favs. They're big and full sounding but there's some vintage vibe going on with them I think. I really like it. I did a basic mix with the Rose di's using the RedWirez Orange impulses and I like how it came out but I think your's is more "live" sounding..Really really nice.

~scott

Thanks for sharing, this impulses sounds really good! :D:Spin:
Your Harley Benton V30 4x12 SM57 test sounds great too, are you going to make/share this impulses too? :err:

I hope you guys find these useful! And if you do then let me know. I'm always interested. :)

I don't actually have permission to share the Benton IR... which is funny since it's the cheapest V30 4x12 cab out there. :D But yeah, it's my friends IR and he asked me not to share. :)