Classic Metal Church videos....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Seems as though in 2007, Metal Church released a DVD from one of their 1991 performances. This thing flew totally under my radar and I didn't know it existed until today. Actually, I just bought it on DVD five minutes ago, but I figured I would show some vids here as I think we have talked about Metal Church and Mike Howe especially here from time to time. Here are the vids for anyone interested.....

Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Church should have been filthy rich and a household name. Those guys were really on fire. Mike Howe was a ball of energy. I don't see how he was able to maintain his vocal prowess and still be that active on stage. In fact, even by today's standards, Kirk Arrington was a monster of a drummer as well. I am looking forward to receiving the video. I don't know how I never knew this video existed. I was a big fan in the day.........

Bryant

Have you seen those excellent early David Wayne era vids on youtube? Unreal, the power-- the presence-- and they sound pretty good, too given that they are from 83 or something...

Most of the songs from this show are out there:

Battalions
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6hV2ipB3M&feature=related[/ame]

Blessing in Disguise is in my top 10 all time fav's.....badass

Mine too. There probably hasn't been more than two or three months that have past during any point since it was released that it has not received some play by me, despite the somewhat poor production. I would put it above anything Metallica released in their prime.

Have you seen those excellent early David Wayne era vids on youtube? Unreal, the power-- the presence-- and they sound pretty good, too given that they are from 83 or something...

Most of the songs from this show are out there:

While I prefer Mike, I am old and I started out with DW. David was an incredible vocalist in his own right. The Dark was the first MC "tape" I heard. I went to buy it, but the S/T was on sale, so I bought it instead and picked up "The Dark" the next week or so.
As far as those vids, I have seen those, but it has only been in the past year or so. That was a very special band in the first two eras of their existence.

Bryant