Classic Rock thread

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
For some reason, I don't think that there is a thread about Classic Rock on this forum. I grew up on all this shit and can honestly say that the late 60's/70's rock was the best time for music. I used to love it when my father picked me up on weekends and had music playing 24/7. Let's list our favorites and go from there.

Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Jethro Tull
Pink Floyd
Iron Butterfly
Cream
Deep Purple
The Doors
Rush
Frank Zappa
Bob Dylan
AC/DC
The Allman Brothers
Jimi Hendrix
Captain Beyond
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Jefferson Airplane
Genesis
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Yes
Hawkwind
Grand Funk Railroad
Humble Pie
Steppenwolf
The Who
Aerosmith
The Beatles
Blue Oyster Cult
The Zombies
Moody Blues
Peter Frampton
Lynard Skynard
Steve Miller
Rolling Stones

...and a shitload of really obscure bands.

There is a thread, I made it long ago. It was a failure if I remember right, haha.

Anywho, I could live off classic rock for the rest of my days. The 60's and 70's are responsible for some simply timeless music, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, The Who, The Beatles, Hendrix, the Velvet Underground, blah blah the list could go on for sooooooooo long and I'd just be getting started. You know that question "if you had a time machine, what era would you want to live in?" I have always picked the early 1970's just to be a part of this wonderful music.

Demilich said:
Supertramp
In my top 10 of all time:

148484.jpg

11/10 OMFG SO GOD DAMN SHITFUCKING AMAZING.

ok.. what's the song in Spaceballs when you see the Winibego for the first time and Barf's playing music and eating in the back? that song fuckin rocks :p

No, because there was a lot of other music besides rock in the 60's and 70's. Soul, disco, wuss music, whatever.

BWD, haha.

Dude, when me and my mates were getting into Metal in earnest, this shit was what went round. Everyone was into Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake, AC/DC, Motorhead, Saxon...pretty much all that shit to some degree or another. It's what I started off on and I still luvvit :)

Mostly been listening to lately has been obscure 70's kickassery that even my father doesn't know. :kickass:

Buffalo
Jerusalem
Sir Lord Baltimore
Blues Creation
Blue Cheer
Flower Travellin' Band
Captain Beyond
Socrates
Dust
Josefus
Atomic Rooster
Iron Claw
Warhorse
Cactus
Irish Coffee
November
Cain
Bodkin
May Blitz
Elf
Jericho
Hurdy Gurdy
Toad
High Tide
Black Widow
Horse

Shit, the list goes on & on... :worship:

Well, firstly, I download some songs then I buy mostly from Rockadrome and/or Hellride, or even Ebay. The prices are pretty up there for this stuff, usually 20-25 dollars each. But godamn, if it isn;t some of the greatest music ever released, I don't know wtf is.

I love going to my buddy's house, and listening to classic rock with his dad on his dad's overly expensive insanely amazing audiophile stereo system.