Mellow Candle
Trees
Saturnalia
Black Widow
Jan Dukes de Grey
Jade
?

Jan Dukes de Grey - Mice and Rats in the Loft = wonderful album

I don't think as highly of any others by them, or I just haven't gotten a chance to listen enough..

Dick Sirloin said:
I've heard it compared to "First Utterance", so....!

Jan Dukes de Grey? yeah ... somewhat. I think that's how I found out about them, read a review about the comparison. First I heard Sorcerer (I think is the name of their first album) and it's less proggy, essentially acoustic psych folk, but Mice and Rats incorporates a lot more prog stylings, allowing a decent comparison to Comus at points. It's fairly epic, regardless.

Also I later read that David Tibet absolutely loves that album, contributed to the liner notes on the rerelease and stuff.

amazon has it, and aquariusrecords usually seems to have it in (which is where I believe I stumbled upon the review).

Have you heard of ÄLGARNAS TRADGARD ???, just found this band on progarchives http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=5254

the sample track on there doesn't particularly "rock" to any degree, or as much as this band is listed as being capable of, but I'm definitely intrigued enough to warrant hearing more, based on the reviews alone.

"Mice And Rats In The Loft" is almost equal to "First Utterance" seriously, i mentioned it in the thread about "First Utterance"... i think...
It's not as direct as "First Utterance" because it is more proggy and it has some more rich and wild arrangements, more instruments, longer songs etc etc... but its musical value is huge. And yes, the liner notes of the cd are written by David Tibet.
Trees, is an absolutely classic band, both their albums are brilliant but especially "The Garden of Jane Delawney" is fucking essential psych folk rock, not as weird and insane as Comus or Jan Dukes though, with a more classical psychedelic rock approach.

IOfTheStorm said:
"Mice And Rats In The Loft" is almost equal to "First Utterance" seriously, i mentioned it in the thread about "First Utterance"... i think...
It's not as direct as "First Utterance" because it is more proggy and it has some more rich and wild arrangements, more instruments, longer songs etc etc... but its musical value is huge. And yes, the liner notes of the cd are written by David Tibet.

I'm so god damn on this

I totally just ordered The Garden of Jane Delawney and "Mice and Rats in the Loft"

Now I need to find some Mellow Candle

Doomcifer: a local record shop has that Dust LP and the cover is fucking AWESOME, it's got a rotten skull on it

No time homie, flying in early Friday morning, gotta get to the Sheraton downtown Raleigh, check in, wait for my boys from Virginia, then it's off to Widespread Panic at the Alltel Pavilion down at Walnut Creek. Party til the sun comes up, sleep 'til noon then Shelley's coming to pick me up. We're going to head back to her place, meet up with some of her friends, then head back to Alltel for the 2nd Panic show that night :cool:

Sunday will be a day of death, i.e. rest is my guess. :)

If there's any chance in hell I can make it out Sunday, I'll let you know.