Classic Rock thread

Actually there aren't any on page 2, but there are some on page 1. :loco:

Dust From a Dry Camel hahaha

Goddamn, "First Utterance" gets better every time I hear it (I must be on the 100th listen by now). If that Jan Dukes De Grey is even CLOSE to this, this will be one happy penis steak

If that Jan Dukes De Grey is even CLOSE to this, this will be one happy penis steak

I was kinda dissapointed overall with Jan Dukes de Grey's Mice and Rats in the Loft. The first track is by far the best of the three, and the only one that comes near to the untouchable greatness of Comus.

Since I already made a thread for Forest, I bid good day to you sir.

I was kinda dissapointed overall with Jan Dukes de Grey's Mice and Rats in the Loft. The first track is by far the best of the three, and the only one that comes near to the untouchable greatness of Comus.

because it sounds like Comus, mostly.

The other two tracks go off on their own awesome thing.

Yeah but the other two just aren't as awesome. Also, the first track sounds only slightly like Comus.

Found another album that in parts reminded me of First Utterance:

T-Rex's debut album My People Were Fair And Had Sky In Their Hair... But Now They're Content To Wear Stars On Their Brows

Yeepie for the Pan and Jan Dukes de Grey recommendations. Those have potential without end, though I don't see how the latter is remotely close to Comus. Comus stands completely on their own atmosphere-wise, regardless of whom I've seen them compared to it just never ticks as resemblant.

Otherwise, I recently fell in love with The Incredible String Band's The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter. I don't know how to describe it apart from inspired, fresh, hippie as fuck, and unfathomably beautiful in countless places. So I'll post two tracks.

tISB-tHBD.jpg

Koeeoaddi There (one of the best songs I've ever heard imo)
Three Is a Green Crown (a fabulous, almost post-rockish momentum with the oriental instruments in there, and great great lyrics/vocals)

I just downloaded that one yesterday! Loved it, saw where Forest got a lot of their inspiration/stole ideas from,

but the lyrics on The Minotaur's Song or whatever were just SO dorky it made me laugh out loud for almost the entire song :lol:

I could totally load this thread with uploads/releases with all the stuff I've been checking out lately.
Probably gonna do just that this afternoon.

but the lyrics on The Minotaur's Song or whatever were just SO dorky it made me laugh out loud for almost the entire song :lol:

Yeah the Scottish accent he takes on this one is hilarious too. The song seems totally out of place at first but in fact it blends fairly well with the rest, those guys are simply just as sincere and 100% into it with humour as they are with melancholy, weed anthems etc.

Yeepie for the Pan and Jan Dukes de Grey recommendations. Those have potential without end, though I don't see how the latter is remotely close to Comus. Comus stands completely on their own atmosphere-wise, regardless of whom I've seen them compared to it just never ticks as resemblant.

Quality wise, "Mice..." is not very far from "First Utterance", it's just that Comus win by default because of their extremely unique character and the certain aspects that make them so special. The shock they provide has no adversaries, no doubt about that.

Well, I think we can agree that several of us have gotten over the shock value of First Utterance and are able to assess its quality without that "lens" obscuring our view.

Also, I'm still gonna make a thread (or use this one) with a bunch of recos re: all this old hippie music I've been into lately, but it won't be tonight. Too fucking lazy.