Classical Influences - Fool's Paradise (Part II) Listen and Enjoy¡¡

Luis

Mortal With Immortal Mind
The complete list of classical pieces symphonyX has used: (I have written this so many times)

Damnation Game = "Solfeggieto" by CPE Bach
Dressed to Kill = Prelude in C minor BMW 847 by JS Bach
The Divine Wings = Mass in B minor by JS Bach + Mars by Gustav Holst.
Smoke and Mirrors =Kyrie Eleison from Mass in B minor by JS Bach.
Sonata = Second Movement of Pathetique Sonata by LV Beethoven.
Prelude = Requiem by Giuseppe Verdi.
Fallen = "Presto" from Concerto for Orchestra by Béla Bartók.
Lacrymosa = "Lacrimosa" from Requiem by WA Mozart.
A Fool´s PAradise = "Allegro non troppo ed energico" from Harpischord Concerto in D minor by JS Bach
Inferno = "Presto" from Summer by Antonio Vivaldi.
Awekenings = Prelude num 24 in D minor by FF Chopin.

Hope this help.

OK I found samples of the works i have mentioned many times before (some of them are Midis)

Damnation Game (Intro)

Dressed to Kill (Solos)

The Divine Wings (Intro)

Smoke and Mirrors (Pre Solos Section)

Sonata

Prelude from V

Fallen (Solos)

The Death of Balance - Lacrymosa

A Fool´s paradie (Solos)

Inferno (Intro)

Awekenings (Intro)

Listen and Enjoy ¡¡ o_O :Spin:

BTW You need Windows Media Player

so that means the other thread's replies would be continued here? works for me. :D

anyways...

Shredboy said:
it happens in every genre of music, Blues players have been doing it for years... Look at modern day Hip Hop and sampling ...

thanks for bringing that up. at least Romeo, Forte, Malmsteen et al know how to read the sheet music instead of just sampling outright like those Hiphop fools.

Thanks for the links again Luis, btw.

A list of threads we need to sticky:

1. This
2. A Nightwish thread
3. A Malmsteen thread
4. An Adagio thread
5. A merchandise thread
6. A fanclub thread

Anything else?

Beelzebub said:
A list of threads we need to sticky:

1. This
2. A Nightwish thread
3. A Malmsteen thread
4. An Adagio thread
5. A merchandise thread
6. A fanclub thread

Anything else?

Don't forget "Romeo vs. John Petrucci."

We should also sticky a thread called, "If you're going to post a topic about guitars, drums, or keyboards, read this," in which Matt tells them to put it in Musician's Corner.

OfSinsAndShred said:
We should also sticky a thread called, "If you're going to post a topic about guitars, drums, or keyboards, read this," in which Matt tells them to put it in Musician's Corner.

Good idea. He should also be listed on the website as part of the Symphony X staff or something for doing that.

Edit: How stupid of me, I forgot to mention a thread about Opeth.

We need another Off topic thread. Or Ressurrect it and resurge it with something interesting, though the forum HAS been hurting without Shred-ididdididdidile and Serge..

I miss Serge, what happened to him?

urinalcakemix said:
We need another Off topic thread. Or Ressurrect it and resurge it with something interesting,
I propose removing it, those off topic threads (before that "official one") were quite interesting... anyone remember the beef thread???

Polyeidus said:
So, when you say rip-off do you mean note for note, or amaizingly similar?
I don't think he means rip-off at all. He's providing a list of classical music quotes, reworkings or clear influences that show up in Symphony X songs, while at the same time poking fun at the people who accused SymX of ripping off some piece of classical music.