Classical

troopsofdoom said:
Can anyone help me in a direction of some good heavy classical music?
the rite of spring by stravinksy, bartok's music for strings, percussion and celesta, and the miraculous mandarim.

mars, bringer of war of the planets suite by holst

Turbo said:
I quite like John Williams stuff. He wrote songs for the 6 Star Wars films, Indiana Jones etc.
yeh but thats not really classical, thats film music, which is like pop classical :loco: although those soundtracks are cool.
i've heard that john williams has done some serious classical works and are supposed to be quite good. never heard it though.

Neurotic said:
yeh but thats not really classical, thats film music, which is like pop classical :loco: although those soundtracks are cool.
i've heard that john williams has done some serious classical works and are supposed to be quite good. never heard it though.

Give him a break, he's American!

Mahler's 8th, is a massive piece of work. The Symphony of A Thousand it is so nicknamed.

Schostakovich would be an excellent choice; perhaps sym 7? Of course Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, Tchaikovsky is always inspiring, Beethoven's no 5' and 7. Anything by Wagner is rather grandiose, and thus I suppose heavy.

Heavy classical?

What the fuck is that?

Good classical:

Antonio Lucio Vivaldi
Ludwig van Beethoven
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff
George Frideric Handel
Louis Hector Berlioz

I know some more but I can't remember it at the moment.

Kill 'Em All said:
Antonio Lucio Vivaldi
Ludwig van Beethoven
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff
George Frideric Handel
Louis Hector Berlioz

Thanks for providing me with their first names - I wouldn't have known who they were if you didnt.