Clayman sound again (and sorry to bug you all with this, lol)

I think it sounds great. It is very compressed like you said. I don't think the kick is too overpowering at all. How did you acheive the guitar tone? Could you post your settings on the amp sim, curve eq,etc? What exact impulse did you use? I'd appreciate any information you could give me. This guitar tone is very close to what i'm trying to achieve myself. Great job man.:headbang:

Hey thanks!
The Curve EQ-file is the same I used on all my recent clips, look it up in an older thread of mine.
Amp sim was Wagner Sharp with all knobs at default position and Impulse file was Guitarhacks "Mesa Between".

You're in C tuning right? ALso what guitar and pickups did you use? What exact post processing did you use? Did you use a tube screamer? Are all takes the same volume? This is quad tracked correct? I'd appreciate any more info you could give. I have been struggling to get a clear tone. Mine is too muddy and undefined.

You're in C tuning right? ALso what guitar and pickups did you use? What exact post processing did you use? Did you use a tube screamer? Are all takes the same volume? This is quad tracked correct? I'd appreciate any more info you could give. I have been struggling to get a clear tone. Mine is too muddy and undefined.

Yes, C standard tuning. Pups are EMG 81s.
Quad tracked, all same settings, no tube screamer, no noise gate.
Post processing is just some compression to tame the low mids, EQ => CurveEQ Clayman riff on all 4 tracks and finally a rolloff a highpass at 60hz and a lowpass at 12khz.

However, I'm just experimenting with less gain on 2 tracks layering below 2 more distored ones, I'm getting better results with them right now.

Biggest challenge still is to get the bass not being muddy but punchy.