clean vocal chain?

Jtelyas

New Metal Member
Feb 24, 2012
i was wondering how joey or anyone else in the hardcore genre (wade studio or cameron mizell of chango studios) gets the clean vocals so perfect? something in their vocal chain makes maby? i know they use auto tune evo and melodyne and alot alot of quantizing and compression but even after i do that they dont sound even a quarter good as theirs. is it their pre's or something cause i have no clue at this point

Yep, most likely you'll be accepted by tomorrow.
When you do, just check in the photo's. A couple of his chains should be in there. :)

Cameron%28Chango%29_VocalSetup.jpg

Mizell uses that Multi-Dynamic 5 plugin all over the place. He posted one of his master chains on his twitter one time and it had that in it, as well as D-Verb, and a Waves Audio Track plugin and a few others. Crazy stuff.

Here's a link to the pic. There's a T-Racks clipper on there! ha. Mizell Master Chain

With regards to the clean vocal chains.. I feel like there is a lot to be said for using the right mic/pre and tracking it well, but most of the ridiculously huge sound all comes from post-production/mixing. Parallel compression, clever use of verb/delay, very liberal EQing etc.

Mizell uses that Multi-Dynamic 5 plugin all over the place. He posted one of his master chains on his twitter one time and it had that in it, as well as D-Verb, and a Waves Audio Track plugin and a few others. Crazy stuff.

Here's a link to the pic. There's a T-Racks clipper on there! ha. Mizell Master Chain

With regards to the clean vocal chains.. I feel like there is a lot to be said for using the right mic/pre and tracking it well, but most of the ridiculously huge sound all comes from post-production/mixing. Parallel compression, clever use of verb/delay, very liberal EQing etc.

T-Racks Classic Clipper is actually awesome on master buss!! Joey uses G-Clip all over the place but no one says anything about THAT!! -____-

T-Racks Classic Clipper is actually awesome on master buss!! Joey uses G-Clip all over the place but no one says anything about THAT!! -____-

Haha, I know dude. But it never ceases to amaze me how much slutty gear people can't live without on Gearslutz and yet people like Mizell and Sturgis are doing everything in the box, with stock plugins no less! :headbang::Smokin: