Cleaning up the site and other stuff

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Lutz and I will start going through the site this weekend and filling in details like release dates, lineups, labels, genres, etc. We'll probably just leave the descriptions blank so you can fill those in when you get time. If there are any bands you would like to finish, just let me know which they are and we'll hold off on them so you can finish them. This should hopefully just be a one-time thing, just to get the site ready to launch. From then on, if we could all make sure to finish one band before moving on to the next, it will definitely help keep the site looking good.

I'm also amending the policy about editing other people's stuff. Most of you no longer have that option, but Lutz and I do (and I may give it to a couple other people who work frequently on the site). Anyway, the new policy is whomever I give permission to edit can do so freely, so long as it is just correcting errors or type-o's. We won't edit people's opinions, but if we see a misspelled name or an incorrect release date or whatever, we do have the option of just fixing it. So if you ever see someone else has edited your page, it should just be because of that. If they DO edit your description, let me know about it.

That's about it. I'll get to some more programming stuff tomorrow (high on the list, multiple opinions on bands and albums, email addresses and stats page, credits page, and new/updated page that lists things that have been added or updated in the last 2 weeks).

Later,
Greg