Cleaning up the database

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Hey everyone, I spent some time today cleaning out duplicate musicians. There weren't too many (maybe 20, which isn't many considering there's over 1300 of them in the database), but try to be careful to not enter any more. I also noticed that Hellhammer was in their by his real name and by his nickname, so I combined them together: Jan Axel (Hellhammer) Von Blumberg. If you need to add him to a lineup, remember to look him up by "Von Blumberg" instead of "Hellhammer". I also fixed a couple of band names: "The Wolves"->"Wolves, The", "Devin Townsend"->"Townsend, Devin". Remember to enter them so they alphabetize properly like that.

I also added a "Changed Name" status for bands that didn't go away, but they changed their name (e.g. Morgana Lefay became Lefay). I'll eventually work out a way to link them together, but for now, that'll have to do.

Thanks.

P.S. Something I just realized, if a band starts with a number (e.g. 11th Hour), they won't show up in any of the browsing options. I'll have to work on a solution, but I thought I'd give y'all a heads up. I'll probably have to add a link to browse "#" which will bring up all results that begin with a number. We'll see.