click tracks in Reaper....an easier way?!?!

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Hey guys, I just mapped out tempos to 7 songs for our next recording and after revision I encountered a big problem.....

I have all 7 songs in 1 session, and when I map the click out for one song and get all the time sigs in place, the rest of the bars get bumped around for the other tracks. Did I fuck up? Should I have done each track seperately in it's own session? Is there a way to actually copy the tempo map of each song (the time sig markers)? I've just worked at this for a few days and just when I finally think I'm done I realize shit has been getting bumped around causing my head to almost explode!!!

Reaper is not very forgiving in this regard, or with many of its midi features for that matter. Everything can get shifted if you look at it cross-eyed.

You may want to record each song in a separate session and bring everything together into the same session at the mixing stage.

You should probably be working left to right when building tempo stuff like that... Of course if you change the tempo of a marker before another marker, the next marker is going to move if it is locked to a bar line, since that bar line has to move now that the tempo is different before it... It shouldn't be a problem though if your timebase is set to "Beats (Position Only)"...

Yeah my problem was I worked left to right, then went over everything to make sure it was all good....then started moving stuff and yeah....ended up going in circles. I'll try to re-work it from left to right tomorrow and by 'timebase' do you mean View -> Time for unit ruler -> Beats?

thanks guys. this has been annoying.

Yeah my problem was I worked left to right, then went over everything to make sure it was all good....then started moving stuff and yeah....ended up going in circles. I'll try to re-work it from left to right tomorrow and by 'timebase' do you mean View -> Time for unit ruler -> Beats?

thanks guys. this has been annoying.

He means the timebase in your project settings. Go to File>Project Settings, then under the Project Settings tab, look for "Timebase for items/envelopes/markers" and choose "Beats (position only)."

Well I'm pretty sure I made a post earlier about this subject but it has either been moved or deleted and I cannot find it.

I need to know if there is a way to copy/paste the time sig markers that are laid out in my session. I created a "Region" but still just cannot seem to copy just the time sig markers in order to paste into their own separate folders. =/

I need to know if there is a way to copy/paste the time sig markers that are laid out in my session.

set the work area and then export MIDI with embedded tempo info?

you can import a MIDI file anywhere in a project and it will import the contained tempo map starting ...wherever the edit line is. using this method i can get several separate sessions into one big proejct, tempo info and all. works a charm.

Well I'm pretty sure I made a post earlier about this subject but it has either been moved or deleted and I cannot find it.

I need to know if there is a way to copy/paste the time sig markers that are laid out in my session. I created a "Region" but still just cannot seem to copy just the time sig markers in order to paste into their own separate folders. =/

View -> Master Track (CTRL+ALT+M) and you'll see the tempo map for the session.

it's clunky at first, but intuitive once you really wrap your head around the way the timebase options work. there's really no one wonderful way to have tempo maps automation flow, certain situations demand certain behaviors

Logic is much better than Reaper in this regard. But Reaper pwnz Logic when it comes to editing, so.... swings and roundacocks.