F***!!!!! (bouncing tracks in reaper)

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
So i wanted to try and make a super epic sound for a riff just now and i tracked 4 guitars with TSE amp sim then bounced them so i could recording 4 more. I recorded 4 more tracks and then when i bounced those tracks it replaced the originally bounced tracks with the ones i just did. It happened to me twice so i got frustrated and shut my comp off. Now, just to make sure im doing this right, when i bounce the tracks, i right click the tracks and right click for render tracks to mono stem tracks. Is it maybe cause the tracks had the same name when i bounced them?

Also, how do you bounce tracks with the bus effects on them? Like when i put an eq on their bus, the EQ doesnt bounce?

Reaper stores everything you record in its directory, all 8 riffs are in there. They might not be bounced but they're still recorded.

As for bouncing with bus effects... I don't think it's possible without rendering the entire master mix (turn master bus fx off, mute all other tracks, render as wav, re-import)

heres an idea; i don't use reapervegasripoff, but this is what i do in Pro tools to render multiple tracks with effect in one pass.
Assign the output of the bus in question to a new bus. add a new audio track; set the input to the bus you just added. repeat for all the tracks that need freezing.
Record arm all the new tracks and hit record.

Drink tea
VOILA

Which takes forever... I wish it would have a Track Freeze function... One of only a few things Reaper lacks in my book.

reaper has faster than realtime bounce.

AND
you can render all effects on a track at once.

rofl - Use different names for your tracks.

Also check you're using the latest version, it could be a bug