Bouncing

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Ok, so I know I need to equalize and compress the tracks that I record, but should I bounce them or "mix down" them to a single track for each instrument, or should I just apply these effects to each individual wav file?

Merry Christmas as well! o_O

Merry Christmas to you too as well, dude! If I understand correctly, though, it sounds like you're processing the individual regions themselves with comp./eq/etc., rather than applying an insert to the track - this isn't a good idea, because you can't edit the parameters it in real time, even if it isn't destructive.

So you're saying I should just apply the effects on the channel as a whole so that I will be able to play it back and hear the effect on them in real time? That makes sense, but how will I be able to tell that I've got successful compression without actually seeing the wav file edited? Like wouldn't I need to see the peaks flattened after the comp to know that it was successful?

Merry Christmas again... fine day. :p

Having ears makes no difference if the song sounds fine but is secretly clipping like mad