Superior Drummer 2.0 bouncing trouble

drumgtr33

New Metal Member
Aug 6, 2010
I'm using Superior Drummer 2.0, with the metal foundry expansion, and i'm having trouble bouncing down my final drum track. I'd like to bounce down the file into maybe 4 audio files, one with kick, one with snare, one with toms, and one with overheads, or something similar to that. I've tried bouncing in a variety of ways but I can't seem to figure this out. I'm only trying to do this because when i run sd2 as a vst with other tracks running, my DAW crashes instantly from using too much ram. anyone have any ideas?

first:

- what daw?
- what is the cpu buffer set to (128/256/512/1024/2048)?

memory is a critical component when working with a daw however the key focus of a daw is the cpu. the ram just randomly accesses samples from your hard drive which in turn buffers the samples according to the speed of your hdd (5,400 rpm / 7,200 rpm).

if you are exceeding your cache capacity in superior drummer... this (i believe) can be changed in the superior drummer options menu.

as far as bouncing your drums into 'stems' ...this can be achieved by either routing the buss outputs of the superior drummer plug in instrument into the inputs of your selected daw audio tracks.

for instance: sd2.0 has a routing buss that can be set to a selected mono/stereo track. this buss then could be matched in a blank mono/stereo audio track in your daw.

if you are able to, i would recommend saving the session you are working in 'as' "song name_ just drums." this way you will be able to just mix the drums and not risk cpu buffer under runs.

with that said, the format i would recommend is:

snare: mono/no room/no overheads
kick: mono/no room/no overheads
hi hat: mono/no room/no overheads
tom1: mono/no room/no overheads
tom2: mono/no room/no overheads
overheads: stereo/no room
room: stereo/no overheads

i would also advise that you center all of the drums (accept the room and overheads) in superior so that you can use the panning law within your daw and not the one built-in superior drummer. this will maintain a proper stereo image while preparing for a drum stem mix down. also this could prevent any potential comb filtering or masking caused by superior's internal buss.

i don't have a lot of experience with superior drummer however i am aware of it's capabilities as far as bussing and routing.

also, if you are willing to pay for further educating yourself in the principals of superior drummer; here is a decent website: http://www.groove3.com/str/superior-drummer-explained.html this isn't the greatest webpage involved in these methods however it seems to be the best one with a plethora of software choices.

i hope this helps you.