REAPER master bus render problems

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
I couldn't finish this mix because I couldn't get guitars work on laptop speakers (reseted whole mix few times). When I was in mix with ATH-50m it sounded grate, but when I bounced to reference on laptop speakers sounded like shit - Something is wrong.
Than I thought to listen bounced with same headphones and noticed that something is messed up even on headphones. I couldn't find any fancy track sends to somewhere, so I tried to bring most of tracks to new projects (copy on project and paste on second project tab project) and imported guitar tracks as new audio into project so to be sure I'm not sending. Same result.
Than I had an idea to bounce track before master bus (submix - master bus)- Shit sound right.
I'm just clueless what's going on. I'll try one more time everything from 0 but that's fatiguing to search problem like that, and kills joy of mixing because I'm bouncing all the time to reference how it impact sound on laptop speakers.

@MondoLikeMetal, even if that would be gain staging it couldn't affect different renderings between master bus and pre-master bus renders.
Monitoring through pre-master bus is same as monitoring on master bus. But when rendered it's totally different.
Seems guitars are also stereo but WAY lower volume than it should be.
Capture.png

Untitled.png

well it could be that you have it routed to your speakers on that mix track and the you probably also have it routed to the speakers on the master mix making it twice as loud. delete that hardware output and see if that fixes it

Infectdsniper, all sends was my first lookout. What you see is hardware out (headphones) on master bus (muted after doing trouble shoots) and same output on pre-master bus (I monitored my mix since trouble shoot). But both places were identical (right version of mix).
Like I said mix sounded wrong when rendered after Master track and right from MIX (pre-master) bus (freezing track to bounce wav).