Clips from new Iced Earth single streaming

I know i'll get shit for saying this here, but i felt the same about the Pyramaze tracks i listened to :erk:

Matt's vocals are not gonna fix the stale guitar and boring song writing. This is just too bad. There are tons of kids now a days that can do better than this in their bedroom.

Jon needs to figure out what made IE in the first place. Starving musician can be a good thing. Studio IE are not a good thing. He needs to hire a producer that will kick it in the ass and at least bring a fresh breath of life into it.

Next.:cry:

Barlow's vocals on A Charge to Keep sound very forced...not natural at all.

I think he sounds very imposing and indeed "forceful" on that track. Matt is storytelling - he is Set "laying down the law." How is one supposed to sound when they are slaying an entire race of beings? "Relaxed" and "more natural"?. :rolleyes:

I think he sounds very imposing and indeed "forceful" on that track. Matt is storytelling - he is Set "laying down the law." How is one supposed to sound when they are slaying an entire race of beings? "Relaxed" and "more natural"?. :rolleyes:

The problem is he didn't sound "forceful" at all. Sounded more like he was struggling to get his point across...in other words...his delivery fails. Maybe you're too easily impressed. :Smug:

force·ful (fôrsfl, frs-)adj. Characterized by or full of force; effective

forced (fôrst, frst) adj.
1. Imposed by force; involuntary
2. Produced under strain; not spontaneous:

Two very different adjectives...glad I was able to educate you...you seemed to be struggling. Let's blame it on the public education system you were subjected to...shall we?

Two very different adjectives...glad I was able to educate you...you seemed to be struggling. Let's blame it on the public education system you were subjected to...shall we?

The problem is he didn't sound "forceful" at all. Sounded more like he was struggling to get his point across...in other words...his delivery fails. Maybe you're too easily impressed. :Smug:

Barlow's vocals on A Charge to Keep sound very forced...not natural at all.

:Smug:

haha you are digging a dry hole man!

anyways im digging the clips, although i love barlow and ripper equally, i think barlow was made more for this stuff, and i dont believe that barlow could pull off the gettysburg tracks as good as ripper did. i was disappointed with the new cd mainly cause of the lack of ripper meshing with the not-overly-strong material, but i think barlows presence here fits way more and he might can save it for me, i was disappointed to see ripper leave iced earth but im glad barlow is back cause id hate to see iced earth go downhill like strato did.

but my opinion is pretty much meaningless i guess as i am in the minority on the topic of if the last album was good or not, and i thought it was an extreme disappointment.

Ahh, the ability to make a valid point seem mundane indeed with the added poison laced candy cane of insult! How delicious, and unexpected from you!

This stuff doesn't sound like the same song over and over. I think I may like where Iced Earth is headed this time. Even Barlow's vocals sound good to me.

I don't know. I still think the Ripper versions of Framing Armageddon are way better. Barlow will always be my choice for Iced Earth singer but it's clear that the FA songs were written with Owens in mind.