Cloudscape slays!

Kenneth R.

Cináed
Oct 28, 2004
Hallways of Always
http://www.cloudscape.se/

cover.jpg

I bought some CD's from Lasers Edge, just got my order today. What I usually do is get 1 or 2 that I really, really want, and then go to the bargain bin and look for $5 discs with nice artwork. This one caught my eye.

I put the disc in, bearing in mind the description "in the vein of swedish metal" and WOW, I was blown away instantly. Then I was blone away again. This disc is fast, powerful, and tight. Some amazing tone and production, and the shreddage is tastefully done. Not prog per-se, but definitely up the melodic metal/power metal alley.

If you like the Cloudscape disc you should check out a band call Last Tribe. I like the Last Tribe stuff a bit better, but there are some similarities.

Also, I think I recall you liking Allen/Lande as well. If that's the case I'd definately have to recommend Last Tribe, seeing as how Magnus Karlsson is the brainchild behind the music on Allen/Lande, Last Tribe, and Starbreaker.

Britt

I was pushing for Cloudscape for this year's PPVI They are awesome and would be a great fit. So maybe for PPVII along with Last Tribe.

Cloudscape and Last Tribe both totally rock!! I would love to see either band at PPVII. Another band that is similar is Elegacy, another quality band that should be preforming at some PP.

Ian

Silent Song said:
http://www.cloudscape.se/

I bought some CD's from Lasers Edge, just got my order today. What I usually do is get 1 or 2 that I really, really want, and then go to the bargain bin and look for $5 discs with nice artwork. This one caught my eye.

I put the disc in, bearing in mind the description "in the vein of swedish metal" and WOW, I was blown away instantly. Then I was blone away again. This disc is fast, powerful, and tight. Some amazing tone and production, and the shreddage is tastefully done. Not prog per-se, but definitely up the melodic metal/power metal alley.
I have to agree, this disk is very cool! I thought it was pretty proggy too. It would be cool to see them too. And as someone else recommended... Last Tribe is awesome! In particular: Witch Dance! Great melodic metal with some nice crunch and proggish tendencies. And dare I forget to mention the AWESOME guitar playing from Magnus! Great production too.

I haven't gotten into The Uncrowned as much yet, but I guess I need to keep playing it to get used to it.

Cloudscape is "average" Just "another face in the crowd" Nothing unique, or mind-boggling.Couldn't hold a stick to Pagan's Mind or Lord of Mushrooms

PTE3X said:
Cloudscape is "average" Just "another face in the crowd" Nothing unique, or mind-boggling.Couldn't hold a stick to Pagan's Mind or Lord of Mushrooms
in your opinion.

in my opinion they're much more interesting than Pagan's Mind. :tickled:

PTE3X said:
You've convinced me with that arguement...Cloudscape suck!

I was lucky enough to see them at PP Europe this year. They were good, the sound was kinda off, but still good.

They did a Whitesnake cover, I think "Still of the Night."

I was talking to the singer and he said it was their first show outside of Sweden.

Last Tribe is basically a better Cloudscape.

Cloudscape's album was very impressive for a debut, but there were a lot of mediocre moments and nothing really inspiring. Great sound though. They just need to put some more memorable songs to that sound.