COB Interviews

Still, you gotta know the word "aphorism" before you can decide to look it up. I'd never even heard the word before... =
It's from greek. I bet it's the same in his language, just as it is in mine. So ya, if you know a word in your language that comes from Greek, Latin, etc. chances are that it's the same in English. The fact that you've never heard it in English before (which I assume is your language) probably suggests that you ought to read a little more.:kickass:

It's from greek. I bet it's the same in his language, just as it is in mine. So ya, if you know a word in your language that comes from Greek, Latin, etc. chances are that it's the same in English. The fact that you've never heard it in English before (which I assume is your language) probably suggests that you ought to read a little more.:kickass:

I just had to check because in Finnish it's written with 'f' while in english it's 'ph'

I just had to check because in Finnish it's written with 'f' while in english it's 'ph'
Ya, usually the "f" sound from greek words is written as "ph" in English - like PHysics, PHonetics, telePHone etc. So if it comes from Greek, take whatever is in your language, replace the F with PH, K with C if it's before A, O, or E and you got a pretty good guess for the English spelling.

Joonas: No, I wasn't saying I'm surprised that you know the word, so much. It's more like what saturn said. I'm more embarassed that I don't know the word when I'm a native speaker of english, and you, who is a native speaker of finnish, do. Now that you guys are explaining the whole greek thing, it makes more sense. But still, I'm always very impressed at your (and countless others on this forum) ability to speak english as a second language so very well. What's awful is that I, in comparison to most people my age that I know, have a much better vocabulary, have better grammer skills, and just an overall better understanding of language.

I guess to sum up- I'm saying good job and I'm shit. XD

Decembers Soundi had a small interview with Alexi. If you are interested, I could try to find some time tomorrow and translate it :) Nothing special there as far as I remember but well, at least its something.

SDM: Definitely! So, anything else?
Jaska: Let's get naked! [laughs]
+

marisa_jaska.jpg

:lol: wheeey jaska's the man

anybody has the translation to alexi laiho finnish documentary?
sorry if its a stupid post but i havent seen it..

MARISA, YAY!! :headbang:

In addition to the freelance work she does, Marisa and her friend have their own indie webzine they launched earlier this year. Check it out:

http://www.upstatemetal.net/

And they have a really cool picture of Alexi as their default pic for the Upstate Metal Facebook page. Here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Upstate-Metal/124361721214

Oh, and some random goodness on MySpace, too:

http://www.myspace.com/upstatemetal

(Yes, I'm pimping my friend's stuff. What? It's relevant.)

Marisa did an interview with Alexi she's still working on getting posted, so I'll keep an eye out for that one for y'all.

That was a great interview with Jaska with interesting questions, not just that usual stuff you could ask everybody. Looking forward to her Alexi interview. Thanks for posting!