COB Interviews

Still, you gotta know the word "aphorism" before you can decide to look it up. I'd never even heard the word before... =

:lol:

+

marisa_jaska.jpg
same beard!

Ok, I promised to try to get the interview with Alexi translated and posted here today but its gonna take more time. Partly because I dont have time today and partly because there are some expressions and finnish phrases which are damn difficult to translate in english. But maybe I can get it ready tomorrow :)

I always have this same problem, Aleksi tends to use phrases that are difficult to translate :cool:.

Yeh, he uses some words that I know what they mean but then its like "what is this word "officially" so I could find the translation"

Eilen jämähdin tähän: "Nyt on elo uomissaan, mutta Laiho oli jo ampumassa itseään jalkaan pahemman kerran."
Jos kääntää suoraan niin porukka on pian "wtf, Laiho ampu itseään jalkaan?!" :lol: aijai, kyllä suomi on kiva kieli....

Yeh, he uses some words that I know what they mean but then its like "what is this word "officially" so I could find the translation"

Eilen jämähdin tähän: "Nyt on elo uomissaan, mutta Laiho oli jo ampumassa itseään jalkaan pahemman kerran."
Jos kääntää suoraan niin porukka on pian "wtf, Laiho ampu itseään jalkaan?!" :lol: aijai, kyllä suomi on kiva kieli....

Pfff... I can't really find what it should be in english.. Is it something about wounding ?
I definately need to do more with the Finnish language if I ever want to understand it :S

Nämä sanonnat on pahimpia just siksi että suoraan ei voi kääntää, eikä sanontojen vastineita juuri opeteta missään. Itse kääntäisin näin (tällä kertaa englanninkielinen vastine onkin ihan sama :D )

"Now life is good but Laiho was about to shoot himself in the foot big time."

^^Ah, toi kuulostaa järkevämmältä kun mun yritelmät :lol: väsyneenä ei sais tehdä näitä käännöshommia...

Ok sorry for doubleposting but finally managed to translate the interview.

So here it is. Grammarmistakes more than possible.

Alexi Laiho is planning to raise his efficiency to 150 percent

In these pages describing himself as a “road dog” Alexi Laiho has had to low his weapon for a while. Children of Bodoms Blooddrunk-world tour that has lasted for 18 months took guitarist-vocalist-song maker with his band from Peking to Buenos Aires and from Moscow to New York. Now Laiho has settled down in borderland of Hollywood and Burbank. Apartment’s tenancy is 3 months long so Allu will return to his homeland in the beginning of February. It’s time to empathize with Big Lebowskis atmosphere.

“Now we really are here in the Dudes hood”, Laiho tells laughing to Soundis news.
“It’s quite interesting how so many European musicians don’t like L.A. at all. They would want get to New York or in many cases just stay completely out of US. I think it’s quite easy-going here. The more I spend time here the more I think I could move here for a longer time. It would be cool to spend 50 percent of time here, 50 percent in Finland….And I guess 50 percent on tour!”

Also Ville Valo from HIM enjoys being in the same area. Should there be bought an apartment from the city together and found a timeshare-firm of rock musicians of Helsinki?
“Well, fuck, that would be a great idea. Hahahaha! Anyway, now it’s good to be here. I needed some radical change in my life just like this. I have cut down drinking. It was almost necessity. And it doesn’t disturb my being that my girlfriend lives in L.A.”

Now life is good but Laiho was about to shoot himself in the foot big time. He found time to engage as a guitarist to USA tour of Hypocrisy lead by his friend Peter Tägtgren. But how then happened?

“After CP-row I had a couple days break and after that Tägtgren came to Helsinki. We rehearsed couple of days and then we flew to Sweden to practise more with the band. But then it turned out that Peter won’t get the visa to the States so that was it.”

Tägtgrens misfortune was Laihos luck: he got on vacation a bit earlier.

“I had already booked a flight to New York because of the tour so I flew there and from there to here. So everything went kind of as planned. Although I feel sorry for Peter. Quite many around me had said that probably it wouldn’t be the world’s best idea to go on Hypocrisy tour after our own one and a half year row. But I would have wanted to make a row where I don’t have so much responsibility. I would have been only a shadow in front of some Marshall-stack. It would have felt like a holiday. For once I could have been Malcolm Young.”

Now Laiho is seriously concentrating with taking it easy, apart from making “some photo shoots for ESP and other little things”. And when we are on Laihos level, “little things” can be for example playing with Metallica’s bassist and Slayer’s drummer.

“Yeah, I played in that benefit concert arranged for Chi Cheng (bassist of Deftones who was injured in a car accident) Battery with Trujillo and Lombardo. God damnit, that song isn’t a picnic! It felt almost like doing sports when I practised the song beforehand.”

Because Alexi Laiho is having a deserved vacation in USA, he wasn’t still seen in president castles independence days’ celebrations reception. And he wouldn’t have been seen there even if he had received an invitation. Yet it’s in principle quite weird that one of our most notable export musicians still hasn’t received an invitation to those parties. Anyway it’s again nice to needle Alexi about it.

“Hey. Seriously, what the fuck would I be doing there? Seriously. Think about it. I think its best for all of us that I stay as far as I can from that castle.”

^^No problem...but seriously not only Alexi but also the journalist who wrote that interview is using some phrases there which were difficult to translate. So if you find any weird parts from there, blame our language :lol:

I have cut down drinking. It was almost necessity. And it doesn’t disturb my being that my girlfriend lives in L.A.”

Sounds good. And now that he's "sober" and jamming with Icecube in the hood maybe we'll get some more attitude for the COB album next time.

“Hey. Seriously, what the fuck would I be doing there? Seriously. Think about it. I think its best for all of us that I stay as far as I can from that castle.”

Agreed :lol:

“Yeah, I played in that benefit concert arranged for Chi Cheng (bassist of Deftones who was injured in a car accident) Battery with Trujillo and Lombardo. God damnit, that song isn’t a picnic! It felt almost like doing sports when I practised the song beforehand.”

Awesome I didn't know he played there !!

Thanks a lot Celeb ! :)