COB Interviews

At first I had missed the "power metal" part and I was liek "WTF those are Alexi's favourite albums??????" :lol:

That's so true, they always look shorter and sometimes it feels a bit frustrating in a way :lol:

Well it did feel long while reading if it helps you, but even if it had felt short your work is much appreciated, nice one! And don't worry about your grammar, it's just fine, I didn't spot any too weird things besides the ocasional one that may slip after so many hours on it, I'm studying to do that for a living so I feel your pain :lol:

I didn't spot any too weird things besides the ocasional one that may slip after so many hours on it, I'm studying to do that for a living so I feel your pain :lol:

Off topic, but this goes back to what we were talking about in that other thread about how good your english is. That would be occasional- but I always just assume that when you do things like that, it's just a typo. XP

And celeb, I agree. I understood everything just fine. My only question was that deal with the grades. =)

Well it did feel long while reading if it helps you, but even if it had felt short your work is much appreciated, nice one! And don't worry about your grammar, it's just fine, I didn't spot any too weird things besides the ocasional one that may slip after so many hours on it, I'm studying to do that for a living so I feel your pain :lol:

Haha after I finished translating it, I was so tired so didnt bother to read it once through. And the next day when I did it...oh well :rolleyes: maybe would have been ok thing to do to post it one day later and check it once more before posting. But Im too lazy for that now so you have to suffer from my little mistakes :D
(Btw, are you studying translation? Just thinking it would be a funny coincidence, I have applied for uni to study english and translation, have the boards in the beginning of May...)

Celeb: many thanks for translating that interview! It was pretty good.
I love how Alexi wants to meet Matti Nykänen. I can see that having potential to be a complete disaster. :lol:

Off topic, but this goes back to what we were talking about in that other thread about how good your english is. That would be occasional- but I always just assume that when you do things like that, it's just a typo. XP

And celeb, I agree. I understood everything just fine. My only question was that deal with the grades. =)

Sometimes I do make typos, particularly when writing in here without Word spelling check :lol: But I try to keep them to a minimum. Super-visible typos (an unintentioned Teh) won't happen often, but double leters and such will indeed happen more than I'm happy to see, but not too much hopefully :lol:

Haha after I finished translating it, I was so tired so didnt bother to read it once through. And the next day when I did it...oh well :rolleyes: maybe would have been ok thing to do to post it one day later and check it once more before posting. But Im too lazy for that now so you have to suffer from my little mistakes :D
(Btw, are you studying translation? Just thinking it would be a funny coincidence, I have applied for uni to study english and translation, have the boards in the beginning of May...)

Yep I'm currently studying second year of Translating and Interpreting here at my hometown, with language combination of english, german, spanish and catalan (a sort of west of Spain gaelic :lol:). It's quite fun if you like languages but don't really enjoy the super-teoric part of "where does this word come from" and that stuff :)

How good is your german now Jose? English seems to be the easiest language in the world but I don't get it why they partly have so many different words for one thing.
Like the german word "Boden". In english Boden can mean soil, floor, ground, bottom, land, base, etc... in german it's all boden. Or when you mix words. Like.... Eier & Kuchen. English: Eggs + cake. Put them together and you have Eierkuchen. In English: Pancake and not Eggscake. Not the best example buit I think you knwo what I mean.

How good is your german now Jose? English seems to be the easiest language in the world but I don't get it why they partly have so many different words for one thing.
Like the german word "Boden". In english Boden can mean soil, floor, ground, bottom, land, base, etc... in german it's all boden. Or when you mix words. Like.... Eier & Kuchen. English: Eggs + cake. Put them together and you have Eierkuchen. In English: Pancake and not Eggscake. Not the best example buit I think you knwo what I mean.

It allows diverse writing in literature. :)

How about when we interchange the words with what you would normally think you would use. Like... If you're in a cave, you would think the bottom of the cave is dirt, so you'd say ground. But you'd actually say the cave floor.

What gets us english speakers is how you put words together without breaking them up. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, and I could probably look some up, but you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ich will am nächsten Donnerstag meine Deutschabschlussprüfung. Ich will vielleicht ein B bekommen. >_>

Oh the English language....ain't it grand?

I'm 28 and English is my only language and I'm still learning it. HAHAHA!!!

So don't feel too bad if certain things seem odd or weird to you.

The English language has so many near synonyms because there are so many different influneces form other languages in it. Starting with the Old English and Germanic languages, to French after 1066, Old Norse, Latin, etc.

Oh, meine ganze Familie sagt übrigens Pfannkuchen. ;-) Krapfen sind hier die Dinger die man zu Fasching isst.

Oh, meine ganze Familie sagt übrigens Pfannkuchen. ;-) Krapfen sind hier die Dinger die man zu Fasching isst.
Eure Krapfen sind bei uns Berliner. Und Buletten sind Fleischküchle.
Pfannkuchen sind Pfannkuchen, Eierkuchen hab ich höchstens mal bei Kästner gelesen, wusste gar nicht dass die Leute das tatsächlich sagen :p

Ooh, Berliner hab ich ganz vergessen! Stimmt ja, so nennt dass meine Verwandschaft im Ruhrgebiet! Buletten sagen meine Eltern, da ich in Bayern geboren & aufgewachsen bin, sind das für mich Fleischpflanzerl.

My german right now is extremely poor. I can say the basic things (I want to eat this and that or I want to go there or I come from etc) but I still have to improve A LOT on everything, particularly vocabulary. The main reason I'm putting myself in Austria for a year is diving completely in German so I have to force myself to learn, because otherwise I'm kinda lazy. More than beeing lazy, as I started studying english so soon, for me English, Spanish and Catalan are pretty much equally easy, so when I'm learning a new language, although I enjoy the process and like it a lot, I get really frustrated for not beeing able to speak/write normally and have to retort to basic "Me likes chocolate" style.