COB Interviews

True, seems that Finnish and Japanese are the most terrible ones, translations I get out of these are usually totally retarded :lol:

Edit: Haven't tried Chinese yet though, guess I never should :lol:

There is a longer interview in finnish where Alexi talks also about those fans. Well, laittaa ikkunat paskaksi = break the windows. Its quite common to say 'laittaa paskaksi", 'mennä paskaksi' etc basically just meaning that something broke or went wrong. But yeh, google translator was partly right even though it sounds weird when translated straight :lol:

True, seems that Finnish and Japanese are the most terrible ones, translations I get out of these are usually totally retarded :lol:

Edit: Haven't tried Chinese yet though, guess I never should :lol:

sooo true! Finnish-->german translations are horrible :/

Hän uskoo väkevien nauttimisella tyhjään vatsaan olleen osansa asiaan
"Sie glaubt an Geister verbrauchen auf nüchternen Magen hatte ihren Anteil an der Sache. " wtf??

But thanks for the links to these interviews :)

What about translating it back from German?
Sie glaubt an Geister verbrauchen auf nüchternen Magen hatte ihren Anteil an der Sache -> Hän uskoo kummituksiin kuluttaa tyhjään mahaan oli osuutensa asiaan

WTF? :lol:

Quite common behaviour in South-America I think..

:zzz:

Don't remeber any incident during the past Tour in Brazil involving COB or anything. Although, Kal has posted a picture, a scratched car with the title "The crazy Brazilian driver" on his web site. http://web.me.com/kmancobhc/site/PICS/Pages/AROUND_THE_WORLD_09!.html#16

Always wanted to ask him about that but I always forget.

I don't know also about Argentina, Chile or any S.A country wich COB had toured. That may be happened. Sure, bands like COB take long years to come over and people got, sometimes too much "excited".

@ Sleeper, great interview! Liked to know that they're more involved in their business now. :)

I may have got him/her wrong, but I think SilentAfterTerror was laughing at the association with the other meaning of the abbreviation PMS, rather than the actual song (or maybe
it's a girl thing ;) )

I may have got him/her wrong, but I think SilentAfterTerror was laughing at the association with the other meaning of the abbreviation PMS, rather than the actual song (or maybe
it's a girl thing ;) )

Hahaha, Im surprised ppl didnt know wat I was on about :err:

From the current Guitar World, for anyone who hasn't seen it

GWsc2RS.jpg

GWsc3RS.jpg

GWsc4RS.jpg

GWsc1RS.jpg

Very interesting stuff, there! Thanks, sleeper :)

But what happened to the Alexi FIN guitar?!? Look at the bottom end - I feel for that very cool, limited edition guitar *misty-eyed emoticon*