COB Interviews

Good interview, didn't know either that Jaska had a daughter. But not surprised, it's not something they would really advertise. Anyway, congratulations to him :)

Finnish metallists Children of Bodom released their seventh album overall on March 8th, Relentless Reckless Forever (via the Spinefarm label), and were awarded with their highest-charting album yet in the U.S. (debuting at #42).

To celebrate this accomplishment, the band's bassist, Henkka Seppälä, was willing to endure the Short-But-Sweet Interview.

UGO: How heavy is Relentless Reckless Forever?

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: What is heavy? I don't know what's heavy, it's in the ear of the listener. This album is the second heaviest in my opinion of our releases.

UGO: The video for "Was It Worth It?" contains appearances by skateboarders. Are you a big skateboarder or skateboarding fan?

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: Not a huge one, but after becoming friends with those dudes, I've come to love that sport. I'm more of a longboarder, myself.

UGO: If you had to choose only one genre, is Children of Bodom power metal, neo-classical metal, speed metal, black metal, or melodic death metal?

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: Melodic death metal.

UGO: How do you think a "Shovel Knockout" would feel?

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: I think that one wouldn't even realize what happened. When you finally wake up, THEN it might feel bad!

UGO: The band has selected some uncommon covers in the past, and this time, you out-did yourself with Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time."

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: Yes. We love the song and it turned out quite good, actually. Eddie's the MAN.

UGO: Any chance of Children of Bodom covering another '80s classic, "The Super Bowl Shuffle," on your next album? If you're not familiar with it, here you go.

HENKKA SEPPÄLÄ: THANKS. That is great! I will bring this up next time for sure!!

(source: http://www.ugo.com/music/children-of-bodom-interview)

Hmm it's going to be cool to see the new songs live. I hope they do it a) by the end of the European tour (it always takes them, particularly Alexi, some shows to get it all running smooth and great) or b) in one of the summer festivals. It'd be cool and it'd allow time for the album to be recorded, edited and (hatred mode on) widely and boringly promoted but still be released in 2012. I just hope they don't repeat too many songs from CRY.