COB Interviews

Ahh that's some rare stuff from 2001... really unfortunate with the audio fuckup. BUT: My awesome brain is telling me that the stuff on the bottom of the screen could be Korean subtitles (Hey brain, you don't say!) .. so.. if anyone can speak and read Korean here, you know what to do. Would be much appreciated. ^^

too bad that there is no tone :/ ! But thanks for uploading it anyway.
i haven`t seen that too. Maybe sleeper knows where we can find it with tone :) ?

Making of "Everytime I Die" video, in two parts, unfortunately low quality again

Last edited by a moderator:
Why haven't I seen this before. Some dudes are holding onto the rare material and think it makes them special and no-one else is worth seeing it. I agree I want Alexander back too to whistle the ETID chorus 0:03 - 0:09. This was definitely COB at their best. Wonder what kinda music are they planning now. FTR best album ever \,,/

Why haven't I seen this before. Some dudes are holding onto the rare material and think it makes them special and no-one else is worth seeing it. I agree I want Alexander back too to whistle the ETID chorus 0:03 - 0:09. This was definitely COB at their best. Wonder what kinda music are they planning now. FTR best album ever ,,/

I wasn't deliberately holding these to myself, I actually thought that I had lost all of them. Just found them a few days ago.

Here's the Rautaryhmä interview with Alexi & Janne in 4 parts.

Thanks for posting all these awesome videos!
Does someone has a translation to these finnish interviews?

I don't think there are translations done yet, but I can try to translate them as soon as I have time. :)

EDIT: Translation for Provinssirock 2003 interview added to description field in Youtube.

Personalmente, Creo que Alexi es EL MEJOR guitarrista en todo el mundo! Pero, las creencias pueden cambiar.

Pues, no sé. Alexi es un gran guitarrista y puede ser el mejor, pero él tiene que trabajar un poco más :) Un guitarrista tiene que ser creativo, también, no?

Here's translation to the first part of Rautaryhmä interview. :)

Olli: Good evening and welcome to Rautaryhmä where despite of advance information as guest are not Machine Men but a totally another band called Children of Bodom. Good evening, Janne and Alexi.
Janne: Hello, I'm Esa.
Alexi: I'm Vesa.
[blur in the video]
Alexi: We were training at Lutakko and just came from sauna and we've been checking out some new riffs and such, really cool stuff.
Olli: How was the trip back to the capital area?
Alexi: Very good.
Janne: Yeah, damn! They hadn't ploughed the road all the way so our 609d Mercedes Benz got totally stuck in the snow at Hervanta, but after that it went ok.
Olli: Ok. Enough joking, we haven't had a serious conversation for about half a year, what's been happening to Bodom since?
Alexi: What's been happening to Bodom? Well not much except that we have been touring, and then touring and then...
Janne: Hey did we tour after that?
Alexi: Yeah and then we toured a little more. And then one more tour but that was it.
Olli: But obviously now tours are done for a while?
Alexi: For a little while yeah.
Olli: How do you manage, you have currently been touring probably more than any other Finnish band?
Alexi: Well we have to.
Janne: To be honest, even a swine can't manage that but...
Alexi: Well, as long a we're being honest, we have always liked touring...
Janne: You have.
Alexi: Sorry yeah, but you know, the Royal we. So yeah, we like to play live, we like to tour and I think it's the primary part about this whole thing. So if you don't like touring you can get the hell out of the whole scene. And if you're some whining idiot, who says that you can't tour for six weeks in a row because you're missing someone...
Janne: Hey I'm not missing anyone except Olli at times.
Alexi: It's Cercco...
Janne: Oh, sorry Cercco.
Alexi: ... pointing his finger at you right now.
Janne: 'Cos I am Esa from Machine Men. But yeah, we have always been such a band that touring is the main aspect of the whole thing. Can't complain, we did some awesome tours last year.
Olli: Well how about those tours, did you get along with all other bands?
Janne: We have always had big problems because we don't get along with anyone, we are so fucking rock stars and we are always fucking with everyone...
Alexi: Especially with you [points Janne]. And especially with you [points Olli].
Olli: Thanks for that.
Alexi: No problem at all.
Olli: I'll repay this after the show.
Janne: We did a few very good tours last year, the Unholy thing with Slayer...
Alexi: Well the U.S. Unholy Alliance was probably the best. Slayer, of course, Lamb of God, we've toured with them before and we're good friends. Then Mastodon which was a new acquaintance and where there were maybe a couple of characters who became a little weird at times but...
Janne: Are you talking about Mushroom head?
Alexi: Mushroom head yeah.
Olli: Tell me more about this.
Alexi: Mushroom head is a guy who...
Janne: His bravura is... yeah...
Alexi: Well ok I'll continue that. What could I say about him, he's actually a really nice person, but when he gets a little too many mushrooms in the head, then bad things start to happen.
Janne: I have seen him getting naked and running away from the security guards, when we had a gig at a hockey arena and we were at the... how do you say that in Finnish?
Alexi: At the parking lot!
Janne: Yeah but the secured part.
Alexi: Yeah and he was on mushrooms at the time and he run away from the guards...
Janne: And...!
Alexi: Then he suddenly stopped and then he turned and said "Wait!" and the guards where like what the fuck. Then he took a huge dump at the parking lot and ran the hell out. And that was the Mushroom head of Mastodon.
Olli: Ok, are there any other highlights like this from the tours that you especially remember?
Janne: Many, but we can't tell them on your show.
Olli: Especially in my show you have to, you can't come open anywhere else.
Janne: Yeah right.
Alexi: Well there were many things. [coughs]
Olli: [coughs]
Alexi: Yeah...
Olli: Well lets discuss first if anything left a bad taste in your mouth?
Janne: No, not at all.
Olli: Nothing?
Alexi: Well you a little bit.
Olli: Well that's only logical.
Janne: Yeah you if anything, but the tours were really good, I really don't have anything to complain about.
Alexi: I think the thing that left the worst taste in my mouth was, though this happened back in 2001 but anyway...
Olli: That's really haunting you.
Janne: But what has it got to do with this question?
Alexi: Oh it doesn't? I thought it does. That's ok, lets move on.
Olli: Tell by all means.
Alexi: I can't anymore!
Janne: Sorry, I screwed this one.
Olli: My mother always tells me finish what I started and she's probably watching this and she's mad at you if you don't tell.
Alexi: Really?
Olli: Yeah, spill it.
Alexi: Well I'm not in the best mood to tell this anymore but ok. We were touring in South America, which is great in general because everything works so well and schedules hold.
Janne: Bullshit! Bullshit! [with fake sneezes]
Alexi: And we were on our way from Mexico City to Colombia, which by the way is a very great country and safe and beautiful. [laughs] Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5 am and our show ended at 2 am. We thought that ok, after the show we should just go to sleep and wake up for the flight. And of course we ended up totally drunk in the lounge with some aloha shirts and cowboy hats on. Then we went to the airport and it turned out that our flight was late because of some weather conditions...
Janne: Snow! [laughs]
Alexi: Was that in Colombia?
Olli: A pelican up the engine.
Alexi: And in the end we were awake for 36 hours and we were left at the place where you can't come back to Colombia's side or go forward. So we were basically sitting on conveyer for 6 hours half drunk and half hungover. That was some great time in ones life.
Olli: Ok, and now a reminder of the competition we have going on: if Nils Gustafsson would play in Machine Men [laughs], what would he play? We have already got some answers, do you have any own opinions of what Nisse would play in Bodom?
Alexi: I want to point out that it doesn't have to be any instrument that we have, it can be anything. Well what could it be, do you have some good idea?
Janne: Turbocharger, perhaps?
Alexi: Dude.
Janne: Duck whistle?
Alexi: Very good!
Olli: Pretty cool.
Alexi: Duck shotgun?
Olli: As a prize we have the new double album from Bodom...
Janne: Almost slipped, did you see that?!
Olli: Almost but luckily not. You hold on to it. And then we have a special prize for the winner.
[to be continued]

Latest Metal Hammer; nothing new, unfortunately

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

thanks a lot! random-x for the translation and sleeper for posting the latest metal hammer stuff about bodom