COB Interviews

Interview with Roope!

Hmm...I've been wondering what to say about this one.

Really depressing interview and clearly Roope is not doing well. It hurt to hear all that bitterness, and that he still takes zero responsibility for being fired.

Hope he can find some happiness, put the drink down, and pick up the guitar again. I would travel internationally to see Stone if they played.

Reactions: COB-666
Damn, poor guy. Sunday morning and he's already drunk. Some interesting bits though about the American management, and his tour rig. Still hard to watch. The questions are kinda dumb. At least he sort of keeps some level of humor about things.

I genuinely miss Roope's music and I'm a bit worried for him. He sounds awful in this interview and barely coherent. You can tell alcohol is part of him even making it through his day now. Kim said he's doing much better on her instagram a few months ago, but seeing this makes me think otherwise. Much better as opposed to what? Because right here he's barely able to speak. Really sad. The last thing I want to see is him going next after Alexi. I hope he finds (and is willing to accept) the help he needs.

I found this gem while just browsing around. From about 2:09 - 4:35 it's Alexi and Kerry hanging around backstage talking about hanging out. At 4:18 Kerry has a few words about Roope. Kerry says Roope is 'fall down drunk all the time, and that you have to remove all the breakables'. Alexi commented that it's not as fun when you have to live with it. To be fair Alexi did quite a bit of falling himself for a period. It's all in good sport/humour, but it just hasn't aged well. Good laugh though :)

Not sure how many of you guys saw this about a year ago.......Henkka talks about the re-recorded version of Talking of the Trees which was never published. According to Anssi Kippo's blog, it was recorded and even mixed but was left off of the album. I left a comment on his blog post in hopes that it could stir up some more interest.........needless to say I really want to hear it and I honestly hope that it doesn't get lost or bound up in legal issues.

Henkka talks about it at the 35:00 mark.

EDIT: Comment from Anssi on the blog: "There still remains one unreleased song. The label owns the rights so let’s hope that they’ll give this gem to the fans." So I assuming it's either Spinefarm or Nuclear Blast that have the rights....

Last edited:
With the better production it could possibly be one of my favorite Bodom songs. I am especially interested to hear the new arrangement they apparently did with it (I heard that the clean guitars and female vocals were removed and Alexi offered to Anssi to do the solo).

" Despite playing their last show already in 2019, the remaining CHILDREN OF BODOM members have been quite active in recent years to keep the band's (and Alexi Laiho's) memory alive. We recently attended their exhibition, Strikes and Gutters, Ups and Downs – Children of Bodom in retrospective photos, in Espoo and one month later, the trio is ready for the next steps in their career, a CHILDREN OF BODOM-themed bar with lots of memorabilia from the band's history and a sauna. We chatted with Janne Wirman, Henkka Seppälä, and Jaska Raatikainen the day before the grand opening of their new endeavor, Bodom Bar & Sauna in Niittykumpu, Espoo. "

WEB: https://tuonelamagazine.com/intervi...Zu_6eb_cwum-NQEEqVZP2Kngm7siuTWLN308zDeCk7zEw

Reactions: Juggler and Sany
Interview, 1998.

" Children of Bodom interview with Alexander Kuoppala Zz for WHAT'S METAL RADIOSHOW.
Conducted by Friso Gentsch at Hyde Park, Osnabrück, Germany.

Kids on the road for the first time. Causing quite a stir with their debut, Children of Bodom scored an opening slot to tour with Benediction in 1998. We caught up with Alexander to squeeze some information on the band out of him. So give it a listen in case you are interested in the very early days of a band that subsequently went on to headling some of the biggest stages the metal scence had to offer.
A final cut of this interview was aired on OS Radio 104.8 FM (osradio.com), including a number of Children of Bodom songs. "

Reactions: rj rl

Everytime hard to read...

Also Kelli is now married:

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666

Everytime hard to read...

Also Kelli is now married:
I had to Google web translate to get the gist of the article in English.
It did make a funny translation, that I couldn’t help but giggle at. See if you can spot the little “nugget” of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2646.png
    IMG_2646.png
    719.7 KB · Views: 16