COB Interviews

" ALEXI LAIHO & CHILDREN OF BODOM FULL INTERVIEW 2011 "

" With the passing of Alexi Laiho we searched our archives for interviews and found our 2011 interview with him and keyboardist Janne Wirman. They talked about their new album at the time Relentless Reckless Forever. They talk about a tornado happening during the making of the album, their tour approach, the injury suffered by Alexi that took its toll years later, an embarrassing Slayer moment, supporting Japan after the Tsunami, and covering Eddie Murphy. "

Since Bam was the world's biggest Ville Valo fan, I think they were in contact like that. Bam seems to be a fan of Finnish bands and I think they know each other.
With Alexi? You think? :heh:

Bam used COB songs in "where the fuck is santa". Plus many more finnish bands music.
Too bad Bam went for drugs too, he was incredible crazy motherfucker, I loved his shows.

Not strictly an interview, but I found it interesting and funny so here goes (Taken from COB's Facebook):

"One of the songs Alexi wrote for Something Wild was called “Strato”. Alexi had told Janne that he wrote the song a day after he had seen Stratovarius playing live. In 1997 Stratovarius played two shows in Tavastia, one in May and one in October. Janne, Alexi and Alexander went to see Stratovarius together, not sure which show, but it must be the first one that inspired him to write “Strato”, since the album was recorded the same summer.

That working title came up probably because obvious similarities in the verse riff with a Stratovarius song “Twilight Symphony”. Obviously we all were big fans of Stratovarius. Actually we even played one Stratovarius song, Stratosphere, live in our first shows.

For some reason Alexi never managed to write lyrics for “Strato”. In studio, when it was time to lay the vocal tracks for “Strato”, Alexi just went crazy and sang the song, well, we can’t say it is gibberish cos there is some random English words in there too, but anyway with no lyrics at all. Some sounds do sound like real words or might even be, but in general this song has no lyrics.

When the record was ready, the band had a name, and we were at Spinefarm office writing the texts for the booklet, we realised we need to have a proper name for “Strato”. The 5th track of Something Wild eventually got the name “Lake Bodom”. Lake Bodom was definitely in the set when we opened for Dimmu the same fall."

Lake Bodom officially has no lyrics in it :D Someone here (Pretty sure it was Joonas) said once years ago that Alexi has an ability to make his vocals sound muffled and unintelligible whenever the lyrics are not that great. Well, seems he had an ability to make gibberish sound almost like real lyrics too :D (I immediately went to have a listen to LB and paid special attention to the vocals. You can occasionally hear a word or two, or at least you think so, but it really does sound like gibberish most of the time).

Reactions: COB-666
Not sure if this has ever been posted, but this had some live footage of what I assume is Tuska 2000! Anyone who could translate this?

HZfKKv6.png

I haven't been on here for a while, I hope you are all doing well. The guitarworld article was a good read, although it makes me sad to be reminded he isn't here anymore, sometimes I still can't believe it. It is what it is and I don't want to whine about it.
Next year I'm planning to go to Tuska or some other festival in Finland, it would be awesome to see Lost Society play. For me they took over the torch after Bodom.

Reactions: COB-666