COB Interviews

"There's this one girl who is totally obsessed with me. She used to send letters to our label offices in Helsinki that were written in blood. I don't even know if I've met her, but she really seems to think that I'm her boyfriend. She'll send letters thanking me for coming to see her and telling how much she's looking forward to us buying a house together..."

I think there was a user on this forum who this describes flawlessly. Lady_Laiho or something..

I think every girl fan wants to do it :lol:

Thanks!

EDIT: Why the fuck don't they fix this?

* "Blooddrunk" (2008)
* "Tokyo Warhearts" (2006)
* "Are You Dead Yet?" (2005)
* "Follow the Reaper (2000)
* "Hatebreeder" (1999)
* "Something Wild" (1997)

Each title is individually numbered and is limited to 1,500 copies, making it an instant collector's item!

Emma awards interview translation:

Interviewer: Alexi Laiho, Emma award in your hand, what's the category?
Alexi: Yeah, I got Emma award in my other hand and a cold beer in my other hand so I'm doing quite well.
Interviewer: Which one feels better at the moment?
Alexi: Well, this award is heavier but this beer tastes better.
Interviewer: Tell me, how it feels to have this desired Emma award in your hand.
Alexi: Sincerely it feels great since I thought first that we could maybe have awarded with some dull "pity-price", but to get this... what was this again... Ah, the metal album of the year or whatever, so it feels great and it's important for all of us in the band.
Interviewer: There was also Sturm und Drang in the same category but you have more years and experience with you so do you think that Children of Bodom is bullying the little kids?
Alexi: Hehe, we don't ever bully little kids in this category, actually I've met those guys and I always support teenagers who are playing metal. It's actually same what we did back in 90's. We were 17 and 18 years old when our first album came out. You got to have this "fuck you" attitude when some older guys come to say that "stop playing metal, you're too young."
Interviewer: Do you think that those trumpet players who are nominated for Jazz Emma, have faster fingers than you?
Alexi: Is it a man or a woman?
Interviewer: There are many.
Alexi: (laughter) You didn't answer my question.
Interviewer: There are men and women.
Alexi: (laughter) Ok, let's say that I'm a bit faster.
Interview: You're starting an american tour soon. What are you going to answer when you're asked that where does CoB's name come from?
Alexi: Well, we've been asked that so many times that it's hardly asked anymore. But in the beginning it was really a pain in the ass when it was asked in every country. And I was always fucking annoyed when interviewer asked that what's the story of lake Bodom?
Interviewer: Have you regretted your choice for the band name?
Alexi: In those cases yes, but mostly not.
Interviewer: You were thought to be Lordi without masks in German press in 2006. Do you think that you will be asked to play Hard Rock Hallelujah in America?
Alexi: (laughter) Actually I think that it was British press but anyway, we are never going to get anywhere near Eurovision song contest, it would be absolutely ridiculous. But back then when I say that thing I was like what the fuck? It was about that girl who played few gigs with us because Janne couldn't play and it was like over 10 years ago, and that girl played in Lordi. And then people started asking that do you play in Lordi? (laughter)
Interviewer: Have you been thought to be some other metal band too?
Alexi: I think that this Lordi incident is the only one... But when I was in Florida in some amusement park or something, one security guy came to ask me: Hey, excuse me, are you Axl Rose? And I was like: Not so much. (laughter)
Interviewer: Have you been harassed by the security guys in airports on your tours since I have to say that if I was a security guy in some airport, I would check you guys very carefully.
Alexi: That's racism, good sir. (laughter)
Interviewer: Yeah, but we're not security guys.
Alexi: Yeah, it's happened few times when you have like long hair and tattoos and shit but it's nothing that you should get mad about or anything, but that's kind of racism for sure.
Interviewer: You sure look like a metalhead but tell us some embarassing song that has been ringing in your head.
Alexi: Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend. (laughter)
Interviewer: Thanks for the interview.
Alexi: Thanks for you too.