COB Interviews

I don't know when that interview was made but Alexi is saying at one point that it's cruel how he must write a new album and he feels like he can't get any ideas out there, that the table is clean and he should write a new album and he listens to his earlier songs and thinks how the hell did I do that. :lol: I hope there's something on the table now because they enter studio in 3 weeks I think. Of course that's just the dark side of album writing with a label contract and I'm sure there is some inspiration there as well, but this doesn't really sound passionate and only lowers my hopes. Still I hope for a great album tho.

To ask the question once again.
Would one of our finns at the board be kind enough to translate the interview? That would be very great. :Spin:

To ask the question once again.
Would one of our finns at the board be kind enough to translate the interview? That would be very great. :Spin:

Well I could translate it but dont have time today and not sure about tomorrow. But if I just can make it happen, will post the translation during this week. If someone else dont have the time to do the translation instead :)

Well I could translate it but dont have time today and not sure about tomorrow. But if I just can make it happen, will post the translation during this week. If someone else dont have the time to do the translation instead :)

You´d be the star in the noddlesoup of manys, if you´d translate that one once again. ;) Thanks.

New audio interview with Jaska was posted at Blabbermouth: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141921 I haven't heard it so far, so I have no idea if there's something new.

Nothing interesting. Jaska with bad English and Britney Spears, CCR, Kenny Rogers, AGAIN. Tired old shit. Jaksa also encourages everyone to do drugs, drink alcohol and all that shit. I don't know what's going on. He also says they get older but the audience gets younger and it's 90% girls. Shit Jaska has bad English, haha.. shit.. Oh, this was made when Jaska had only heard one or two riffs. He says "Hopefully it gets a little darker. Blooddrunk was kind of back to the roots. But you can't do the same shit again, it would be repeating."

Holy Satan Man are you trying to be dense? "Jaksa also encourages everyone to do drugs, drink alcohol and all that shit" It is called sarcasm. The whole interview is a joke on purpose.

I don't think Jaska has bad English, it was just impossible to reply to those 'questions' in any other way than by attempting to
play along with them; the 'interviewer' was a complete twat

Holy Satan Man are you trying to be dense? "Jaksa also encourages everyone to do drugs, drink alcohol and all that shit" It is called sarcasm. The whole interview is a joke on purpose.

What?? I was just gonna report to a newspaper the Children Of Bodom superstars encourage kids to do drugs :lol: I was being sarcastic too you know.. Maybe I should start writing all my serious stuff red and all the sarcastic stuff yellow since people get confused..

^Try it, that would be interesting.

But holy fucking balls, that interviewer has a more annoying voice than Gilbert Gottfried. x_x

But the whole, "What should I say? Come to our shows and keep quiet!" part was pretty funny, I thought.

2200927779_1.jpg

We're like getting older, and 90% of our fans are pretty girls, and kids. Do drugs, drink alcohol, and all that shit. Come to our shows and keep quiet!

Without Everytime I Die they wouldn't have so many girl fans (one of my favorite songs tho) and the reason their fans are so young is the melodies are so catchy it's a natural first metal band for many kids. I understand if they want to make something darker in hope of gaining different type of crowd along the way.. for me at least its annoying to be in the crowd with all those cubs who bite you and are only there to see Alexi.

Without Everytime I Die they wouldn't have so many girl fans (one of my favorite songs tho) and the reason their fans are so young is the melodies are so catchy it's a natural first metal band for many kids. I understand if they want to make something darker in hope of gaining different type of crowd along the way.. for me at least its annoying to be in the crowd with all those cubs who bite you and are only there to see Alexi.
I agree, but it has to be possible to get a CoB sound without appealingonly to kids.
But it's to late anyway.

Jaska sounds like a functional retard in that interview :lol:! I'm sorry, it had to be said. To be honest, he doesn't sound like he cares about the music, more like "I'll leave it up to Alexi".

it has to be possible to get a CoB sound without appealing only to kids

Maybe the lyrical content has as big influence. It's something hard to describe what it is about it that appeals to kids. It's not necessarily a bad thing, maybe it's just a shame it doesn't sink into people who've grown up listening to other kind of metal, so we're left with these 13-19 year olds who've discovered metal because of Bodom.