CoB Live at Wacken: LIVE STREAM

no worries guys, just got winrar :D

thanks a lot for uploading this all man you rule!

I'm listening to Follow The Reaper now and I must say, I judged a bit harsh, this sounds amazing! I think it's only really a FEW times that it's out of time, but yeah, definitely sounds better now that I'm paying attention. I was kinda busy while recording it and my mind needed to be somewhere else. I was a bit...depressed.

I agree...FTR sounds awsome...really tight!! btw tnx Mitch!!!

Cheers for uploading that Mitch. The WOOO bit was awesome :lol: so was the bit when Roope talked, that made me laugh.

Okay it was my first time seeing Bodom live so I didn't care about sloppy playing or guitar tones.
But imho it's a shame not to play a song which they played on the first gig in 1998 (DW MoS medley doesnt count). It was their 5th time at Wacken and their 10-year-Wacken-anniversary.

thanks for the audio! i was out of town so i missed this completely, did anyone manage to get any of the video? hopefully it will show up on youtube later.

I think people really blow things out of proportion, and are honestly more than a bit ridiculous, when they complain about technical mistakes at a live show. Aside from the fact they usually exaggerate, and make a huge deal about it, they only make themselves seem horribly naive and childish.

Mistakes happen at a real rock/metal show. Obviously, if you're watching (or listening) online, you aren't going to get the same effect of being there.

And I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a fun, entertaining show than a technically perfect (and boring) one.

This isn't just directed at you, Mitch. This is referring to pretty much everyone who whines about that.

I think people really blow things out of proportion, and are honestly more than a bit ridiculous, when they complain about technical mistakes at a live show. Aside from the fact they usually exaggerate, and make a huge deal about it, they only make themselves seem horribly naive and childish.

Mistakes happen at a real rock/metal show. Obviously, if you're watching (or listening) online, you aren't going to get the same effect of being there.

And I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a fun, entertaining show than a technically perfect (and boring) one.

This isn't just directed at you, Mitch. This is referring to pretty much everyone who whines about that.

Like I said, I was in a bad mood, so what I said and the way that I worded it was a bit too harsh and careless. After listening again, I can admit that it was a fantastic show, which isn't suprising knowing COB. However, I was indeed concered about the sound levels or something like that because of the performance of Hellhounds On My Trail's intro. I've listened again and I'm not convinced that they could really hear each other, or the drums, because of the timing issues. They had no problems pulling off songs like Needled 24/7 or In Your Face, but these songs were later in the setlist and there may have been minor adjustments.

And yes, I do agree, a fun show is always better, I have experienced it many times and wouldn't want anything less, it was just that one thing.

I hope you can, and will download the mp3s and enjoy the show like I certainly will do again.

IMO the gig as a whole is great. Only that Blooddrunk songs are still not tight enough (Hellhounds must have had some sort of monitors thing like Mitch said cos it´s more like they didn´t hear each other). I think the main problem are the solos. F.e. Banned From Heaven is a fucking mess IMO, both Alexi and Roope hit loads of wrong/dead notes. Then on ODYWC Janne kind of fucks up at the end.

I´m not criticising them, I love the show and I know that those errors are not due to a lack of abilities (they´re all great musicians and more than capable to play their stuff), I´m just saying that those songs might need a bit more rehearsing or being played a bit more.

Like I said, I was in a bad mood, so what I said and the way that I worded it was a bit too harsh and careless. After listening again, I can admit that it was a fantastic show, which isn't suprising knowing COB. However, I was indeed concered about the sound levels or something like that because of the performance of Hellhounds On My Trail's intro. I've listened again and I'm not convinced that they could really hear each other, or the drums, because of the timing issues. They had no problems pulling off songs like Needled 24/7 or In Your Face, but these songs were later in the setlist and there may have been minor adjustments.

And yes, I do agree, a fun show is always better, I have experienced it many times and wouldn't want anything less, it was just that one thing.

I hope you can, and will download the mp3s and enjoy the show like I certainly will do again.

No, I can see what you're saying. And with parts like the intro to Hellhounds, I even agree. Despite how what I said may have sounded, I understand what you mean to say. I apologize if I came off as harsh to you, especially since you did clarify and restate your opinion.

That small rant of mine was meant to be geared more to the people who flip out, whine, and cry every time Bodom don't play a perfect show. The ones who make a real big deal out of it and jump to all kinds of crazy conclusions, or say things like the band just can't play or doesn't have it anymore.

And I forgot to thank you wholeheartedly for the recorded set. Very much appreciated! :)

I now see why people complained about Hellhounds.

Alexi has real hard time with the lyrics. But otherwise it was definitely the best live song as experience for me. The pyros and stuff on the intro and outro make it badass too.

I burnt the whole thing on CD yesterday and gave a listen, good stuff.