Cob names an lyrics

hurmzz

New Metal Member
Feb 18, 2003
Best, Holland
Does anybody know why the band is named Children of Bodom and why they have so much song's and lyrics about the Lake Bodom and the murders around it??? I'm querious

yes i know the Scythes of bodom site that's where ig ot the lake bodom story but where can i find why the bad is so "connected" with the lake and the murders??

Originally posted by hurmzz
yes i know the Scythes of bodom site that's where ig ot the lake bodom story but where can i find why the bad is so "connected" with the lake and the murders??

Well, they hail from Espoo (where the lake is located) and they've heard stories about it through their childhood..

Well, a dude from Spinefarm suggested the band to have a name related to lake Bodom (which is quite famous in Finland) when the band was looking for a new name. But I can't tell you exactly why the band liked this name so much that they took it.

This was the second time that Shadeg posted an answer just seconds before me. Actually I'm not really pissed off. I think it's quite funny and I just love this one: :mad: :)

ok that explains the name(Bye the way what were the called before Children...) But why do the sing/scream so much a bout it...

Example: The intro of taste of my scythe: Rip and cut all the inosent! and his friends and again and again... Looks much like the murderer of lake bodom like he stabbed them.

And red light in my eyes(wasn't that the description of the survivor under hypnosis????)

But i hope a creepy story comes out now!!!!!!!

Well, you should take a closer look to our site. There you'll see that the name of the band was Inearthed before they called themselves COB.

And the intro of Taste Of My Scythe is taken from the movie The Exorcist III and it doesn't have something to do with the murders of the lake. (Take a look at our discography section to find out where the other intros came from).

Red Light In My Eyes has not much to do with the murders of the lake, too. I just included that into the story because it reminded me of that. Only the songs Silent Night Bodom Night and Children Of Bodom are about the lake. All other lyrics are about hate, depression and suicidal feelings in general. The lyrics of Bodom After Midnight, Lake Bodom and Bodom Beach Terror are not printed in the booklets and there is no certain relation to the murders. Ok, a part of Bodom Beach Terror is "Wash your hands in the lake of your blood..." but these songs don't reveal any mysteries of the lake in my opinion.