COB Pics

@ children of COB: on the WI site it says "three guys from Finland shared love for a nice t-shirt..." So who's the third guy?

@ valkokukka: thanks a lot for the links (good to see a clear shot of the pendant, but I still don't know what it is! :erk:)

28j9xlt.jpg

real men, manly men
i'm somehow quite drunk at 5pm, but np

Since this is the pic thread, anyone noticed what year Henkka switched from 5- to 4-string basses?

2005 or perhaps 2004. 2003 he sure played his 5 string ESP still, but not sure if he stopped in 2004. I guess it's 2005 when he got the SG kind of bass for the AYDY sessions or something, but I'm just guessing. Well, he was featured in 2004's T,L&S playing with his 5 string (on the Thrashed and Lost DVD), so yeah, I guess 2005.

Ok, that makes sense. I guess his switching was partly because their newer (2 latest) material is in mainly drop-C and that tuning on a 5 string bass would be weird, you couldn't really play anything useful on the 5th string. So I guess he just switched entirely to 4 strings just for the sake of simplicity even on the standard D songs as well.