COB Pics

The whole argument is pointless, because unless someone in the band, or K-man, confirms it, there's no way to tell.

The pickup itself looks just like the HZ's he used before, whether or not it has a different sound. Which only leaves the matter of the push/pull-pot vs. the switch. And that's just a matter of different wiring, as both are hooked up to the MM-04 that he used before anyway, too.

Eh... first get some facts right a little bit before posting random things. EMG normal passives (e.g. a HZ-4) have poles too (there's not just one model), and he used passive EMGs with the MM04. And with his signature pickup there is a booster, but it's installed as a push-pull pot on the volume pot, it would look as if there were no booster if he were using his signature pickup.

And couple more facts: he's never (as far as it's known and he's said) ever used an EMG81.

J50BCs are off the map since he got stolen his guitars, he's not had those on the ESPs.

He had passive EMGs (HZ-4 and HZ-2) with the booster (at first he didn't even have the booster), then switched to blackouts on the second version of his Scythe and Sawtooth guitars (the white and the black with glow-in-the-dark inlays he uses in CRY, but he uses the older models there). Then not sure if he had the blackouts on the Pink Sawtooth at first, but back to EMG passives and booster since then more or less. To the day we have seen no pic of him using his signature pickup live, unless he's keeping the booster just not to leave the hole empty but he has it unactive and has his signature circuit and pickup on, but that you couldn't tell from any picture.

Fact...I already know about his sig PU and boost from EMG as I have it all installed in my RR24M.

Also, I know that the H4 has poles as well, but wouldn't it make sense that he would be using his Signature PU and not the H4? I think so.

Fact...His sig is also closer in spec to the HZ-H2, not the H4, except his sig has a ceramic AND Alcino magnets.

Fact.... his sig PU doesn't have to use the ABQ(MM-04 copy) that comes with it for the PU to work. He can use the MM-04 with his new PU. So I don't understand what you are talking about there??

I never said he used an EMG 81, just that in many other threads questioning his gear I have seen people mention that he used and EMG-81. I for one do not think he has.

I have read the Gear Thread so I know about all his gear and what he used to use and what he is using now....well at least as far as it has been updated.

But the pictures above are recent live photos and you can tell he has the EMG HZ's in there. Is it the H4? Not sure. But I would assume it is his new sig PU minus the ABQ, and he is using the MM-04 instead. Even on the ESP web site it lists the PU installed as a EMG HZ-FH2, which is a floyd spaced H2, which I am assuming IS his new sig PU.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/al_katakana_std.html

I could be wrong...it could be just a regular H4 or regular H2, but I would bet that it is indeed his new sig PU, minus the ABQ.

i like this

alexi_laiho_sketches_by_hooda.jpg

Celeb: Nice pictures. I like Alexi's Beherit shirt.
Also, do you know the significance of why some songs are underlined on the set list?

That's makes perfect sense. Thanks!

On a set list I have from a few years ago, some of the songs are in a different font, which I had assumed (and now have confirmed) indicated different tuning and some of them clearly indicate when pyro will be used, plus a few other random things scrawled in handwriting all over the set list.

Hmm, I think I have to go and buy Image today :lol: Let's see, hopefully its a good interview though might not include any new information. Have to say, the picture looks pretty cool in the cover. Alexi looks so...not like he usually looks like in the pictures?

girls & women, face it : considering your taste in men's look I suppose all of you here are lesbians :p
*runs*