COB Pics

12717318_10207765718476520_192864510207294968_n.jpg

The whole band should just go back to using Jacksons. It's the coolest metalguitars ever and suit Alexi so well!
I'm sure they could work out a deal so that he makes money with them too!

The whole band should just go back to using Jacksons. It's the coolest metalguitars ever and suit Alexi so well!
I'm sure they could work out a deal so that he makes money with them too!
I like ESPs more. IMO both the pin stripes and the head stock on the ESPs look cooler. Also, at least when comparing an ESP SV STD and an RR24, I found the ESP to be better. The slightly larger SV shape fits my lap better than the Rhoads shape and the SV had a better neck than the RR24 (The RR24 had a somewhat "sticky" neck so moving my hand up and down the neck was a nuisance. The ESP had a really slick neck, so sliding my hand along the neck was much easier). I did like the RR24 though. I was REALLY close to buying it right on the spot after trying it. Basically the neck was the only reason I didn't.

I like ESPs more. IMO both the pin stripes and the head stock on the ESPs look cooler. Also, at least when comparing an ESP SV STD and an RR24, I found the ESP to be better. The slightly larger SV shape fits my lap better than the Rhoads shape and the SV had a better neck than the RR24 (The RR24 had a somewhat "sticky" neck so moving my hand up and down the neck was a nuisance. The ESP had a really slick neck, so sliding my hand along the neck was much easier). I did like the RR24 though. I was REALLY close to buying it right on the spot after trying it. Basically the neck was the only reason I didn't.

I agree with you on that. I have both RR24 and Edwards Blacky and the Edwards is much more comfortable to play. But as Alexi and CoB would use customshops that's not an issue as they will build you the guitar exactlly how you want it. But yes, comparing ''cheaper'' guitars the ESP might be better. The only problem is the neck which I agree is not that comfy on the RR24, it's too thin and sticky compared to my Edwards.

However back in the day Jacksons was the best you could buy and ESP just ripped them off totally, copying everything (my opinion). And the USA Jacksons are a dream to play.

Edit: Oh and acording to my taste Jackson look sooooo good, can't get more metal than that!

Well, you're comparing discontinued mid-range Jacksons with current upper range ESPs. Pro and USA Jacksons come these days with a satinized neck which is just wonderful to play. And I have zero respect for Japanese companies that haven't done a single original contribution to the industry but rob everyone else's ideas and profit off them shamelessly.

Yes, he did.

@dthmtl3. Maybe you missunderstood me, but I'm strongly favouring Jackson, above pretty much any other guitarmaker.
But the RR24 and the Edwards E-AL 166 are in similar pricerange, both made in Japan, and similar quality. For me the Edwards is better.
But neither come close to my USA Jackson.

And I agree, Jackson have been ripped off by alot of different companies who stole their ideas, construction, look etc.

Well, you're comparing discontinued mid-range Jacksons with current upper range ESPs. Pro and USA Jacksons come these days with a satinized neck which is just wonderful to play. And I have zero respect for Japanese companies that haven't done a single original contribution to the industry but rob everyone else's ideas and profit off them shamelessly.
Yeah, it's the only real comparison I could make between the two companies. Or the best one anyways as the RR24 is the best Jackson I've ever played. I'm pretty sure the ESP has a satinized neck (At least it's not painted) and it indeed is great.