CoB's Alexi Has Left the Band

well it sucks IMO.... But Ale's gotta do, what Ale's gotta do...

btw, the name of this thread could confuse some ppl... :Spin:

I think it sucks, Ale's a great guitarist. And there's that great picture of him with the Burger King crown. Does it say why he's leaving?

Johanna's right, for a second I thought Alexi Laiho was leaving...

Yeah Alexander Kuoppala fucking left cuz he can't take the touring life anymore :( damn damn damn , cob will never be the same again.....

Not to sound like an Alexi worshipper, but I do agree with Needled. Not many people have his distinct voice, and corect me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he write all the songs and lyrics too? It sucks that Ale's gone, but they can move on without him. I'm sure he probably won't even leave until his successor is a secure member of the band. And I personally have not been a big fan of recent CoB nearly as much as their older stuff, and although I doubt it will be very drastic, maybe a new member will be able to help the band progress, especially lyrically. Alexi seems to have gotten less creative on his own.

man im shocked!! Ive always rated Ale pretty high, and im sure he doesnt always get the credit he deserves constantly being in the shadow of Alexi. has he said whether or not hes forming his own band or anything cause it would be a shame for him to just fade away.

Shmeir said:
man im shocked!! Ive always rated Ale pretty high, and im sure he doesnt always get the credit he deserves constantly being in the shadow of Alexi. has he said whether or not hes forming his own band or anything cause it would be a shame for him to just fade away.

Agree, I think Ale is a great guitar player, I doubt he will be forgotten. Maybe he will join Finntroll.

RIP Somnium :erk:

Needled24Seven said:
if i want a story ill read a book.

When I want a story, I listen to Skyfire :tickled: I think I care about lyrics too much, I actually won't like a song that I don't like the lyrics to (they have to be really, really bad though) so I usually just avoid finding out what they are so I can continue liking the song.

Is there any kind of word on a replacement or anything, or when he's leaving? You'd think with something like this there'd be more details. I'd say hopefully it's a rumor, but if it's on the label's site, that's not even a long shot.

froosch: its on their homepage too so yes its official news and not a rumour.

You know, if you read intothe lyrics to "Bed of Razors," it's got like 5 different meanings that the band probably didn't even intend it to have. I can't remember all of the ones I came up with, but there were a lot. I assume the meaning that it was meant to have was masochists having sex, but since it never actually says that, it could be other stuff too.

When they were recording Hatebreeder Ale was practising about 10 hours a day and the man still had trouble playing the stuff.
I'm not saying that he's not a good guitarist,just that maybe someone like Latvala would be a good substitute ;)