So the show is officially less than 4 weeks away......

Well, they are the oddball band on the bill, as far as the more well-known bands are.
This is to be expected.
I am sure after their set people will be talking about them more.

Well, they are the oddball band on the bill, as far as the more well-known bands are.
This is to be expected.

I agree. There have been people telling me that they are excited to see them and one of the reasons they are going but I think the rarity of seeing Brocas Helm / Pharaoh / Voltax is what is getting people excited.

I think Jason is right....I am sure they will gain a lot of new fans after they play.

I agree. There have been people telling me that they are excited to see them and one of the reasons they are going but I think the rarity of seeing Brocas Helm / Pharaoh / Voltax is what is getting people excited.

I think Jason is right....I am sure they will gain a lot of new fans after they play.

I'm excited about them, even though I only have one of their albums. I mean, it's a German power metal band. You know they're going to be fun live.

Exactly. I am sure they will be fun.
I know they are a fav of Mike and Chris and that's why they were invited.
That's completely awesome. I know if I did a fest, I of course too would book a band or two for just me where I wouldn't care if people were interested or not. Its par for the course.

Once again, nothing against WIZARD. I just think the core Ragnarokkr crowd is more into traditional metal as opposed to German power metal.

Though its certainly a genre that would be appreciated and go over well.

I think Wizard is a kickass band and are a badass power metal band. I hope people will stay for them and that they will gain a few more bands. And people should have some love for them because they arent a keyboard crazy power metal band.

I myself am also pumped for Brocas Helm, isn't this their first ever Chicago show too? Because i thought during the Bob Wright interview he said he had never been to Chicago before. A badass treat for us people, especially me a 21 year old who was born in 1990, after the heyday of these guys.

Virgin Steel is gonna be amazing to see but to be honest I really do know much of their material and just have never really thought about picking it up. Hopefully their live show will just get me more into it and wanting to actually go out and get their stuff.

Wizard is probably the best pure power metal band appearing at any US festival this year.

I hope Virgin Steele is good. I didn't love their set at PPUSA a few years back, but I wasn't as familiar with their catalog then either.

to me the key with any fest is that bands need to really play the classics and stuff stuff people want to hear. This will be the place for them to win over new fans and stuff. I hate it when bands decide this would be the time to play new stuff that isnt released or stuff that isnt thier best stuff. At a fest it is time to really go nuts and show what you have. hopefully this is the case.

This is to be expected.

I don't know man. I mean, they are power metal, but they (at least most of the time) are on that edge between traditional and power metal to me, like Grave Digger and from what I've heard of Running Wild. They're nothing like a Helloween, Gamma Ray, etc. I've listened to most of their stuff since their announcement and I think they fit. While the band I'm most looking forward to is Damien Thorne, I'm probably torn between them and Virgin Steele as the band I'm most forward to seeing. I just hope there's a good crowd and not a repeat of Cage.

Wizard is the band I'm most familiar with on the line up and the band I'm most looking forward to seeing. I wish they played before Brocas Helm as I have a feeling people will be tired and leave before seeing Wizard. I think Brocas Helm would be the biggest draw for the fest.

Also excited for Pharaoh and SkullFist. The whole line up is really solid to be honest. Need to check out Damien Thorne this week.

Don't worry, I will not be leaving before Wizard's set. Leaving early is for losers.

Anyways, from what I can tell concerning Virgin Steele's setlist, they play songs from almost everything. You can surely expect classics like "Victory is Mine" and "The Burning of Rome" along with "By the Wrecking Ball of Zeus" from their newest album. They play multiple tracks from Invictus, depending on their time, and usually (and hopefully) "Noble Savage" from the album Noble Savage.

Wizard is the band I'm most familiar with on the line up and the band I'm most looking forward to seeing. I wish they played before Brocas Helm as I have a feeling people will be tired and leave before seeing Wizard. I think Brocas Helm would be the biggest draw for the fest.

Also excited for Pharaoh and SkullFist. The whole line up is really solid to be honest. Need to check out Damien Thorne this week.

Well I think Virgin Steele probably is THE headliner of the fest, which I find it interesting them closing Friday and not Sat in that regard. Beyond that, I don't know who is the bigger draw as I never had heard of Brocas Helm prior to the fest, yet I had heard of Wizard. However, a lot of people have been more interested due to Brocas Helm reuniting so you are probably right.

I think the main reason Wizard is headlining is due to them being foreign, same deal I think in terms of Voltax being so high up on the bill. I'm surprised actually that Pharaoh isn't higher up than they are.

Wizard and Virgin Steele are the headliners it seems. If you are talking about what bands should headline based on draw and interest? that is different. Brocas Helm and Pharaoh are the 2 that are getting most of the local talk and Skull Fist as well. I think as well saw last year that playing the slot before the headliner is the best one to play.

For most fests, the main draw usually ISN'T the headliners.
Its usually the direct support.
It doesn't really matter.
For a fest like Ragnarokkr as opposed to longer running festivals, it needs to be about the whole package.
Mike did a really good job as far as the "full package" is concerned.
Enough on both days to please most in my opinion.