Midweek Mayhem - Less than 50 tickets remain (update 9/6)

Anyone knows the setlist for the PoS show?

To the best of my memory...

!(forward)
People Passing By
Used
In The Flesh
Ashes
Morning On Earth
Idioglossia
Kiss cover (Daniel on Drums)
Random blues jam
Nightmist (honestly all I'm sure is that it was off Entropia)
Falling
The Perfect Element

Now while this was indeed a great performance, I have some additional commentary.

-Backing vocals were mixed too low. The harmonies are a big part of the sound and were vastly underrepresented.
-the jam was neat, but the momentum they'd been building came to a halt. For me, this took the show from "top 5 ever" territory to just a great show. (Ya. Splitting hairs)
-loved the commentary and mistakes. Very laid back show.
-was hoping to hear something from OHBTCL or maybe Iter Impius. Oh well.

did they play Morning on Earth and Idioglossia? wow, i remember them playing Used thru Ashes. don't recall those 2 but sometimes Ashes and those 2 just kinda flow together for me.

Yeah, I agree with your commentary. The blues jam just took up time that could have been a couple more songs.

All in all, a very raw performance. Very different than when i saw them at progpower several years ago. Different, but still a great show.

did they play Morning on Earth and Idioglossia? wow, i remember them playing Used thru Ashes. don't recall those 2 but sometimes Ashes and those 2 just kinda flow together for me.

Yeah, I agree with your commentary. The blues jam just took up time that could have been a couple more songs.

All in all, a very raw performance. Very different than when i saw them at progpower several years ago. Different, but still a great show.

IIRC it was Reconciliation instead of Idioglossia.

Theocracy was killer. I wish they had played "30 Pieces of Silver" and the mix was a little off at times (backing vocals and Jonathan's guitar were both low from where I was standing), but I can't fault the band for either the song omission or the mix. I haven't seen them since 2006 and Matt focusing on vocals really allowed him to step his game up as a frontman. Highlight of the evening for me.

Thanks for the compliments! This was my first public show as their new drummer.

Our goal was to deliver a high energy set and get the crowd involved. Seeing so many hands in the air while I was behind the kit was great! We were hoping to get more songs in, but we were cutting it close as is, and we already had to cut "Master Storyteller" to get under 60 min. But we were all pleased with the performance, energy, and crowd involvement.