Coil

coil compared to antimatter?
clearly, somebody dosen't know what he's talking about (either knowing nothing about coil or antimatter, you choose).

depending their purchases (or rather downloads) on such comparisons will lead most people to disappointment.

truth is that coil have hundred faces and possibility of meeting with the more accessible coil is rather low for most.

if you're not alien to musical novelties, experiments, both sonic and melodic extremes, something new and daring - try it. other than that, go for lacuna.

for instant put off (or affection) check the album 'constant shalowness leads to evil'.

to my knowledge (and i'm not familiar with the whole coil catalogue) records that might (just might) appeal to some of you would be the two part project 'musick to play in the dark' with some more conventional and structured songs.

other things worth to check out by the brave: time machines, worship the glitch, black light district (oh yeah, the gathering didn't come up with that title), love's secret domain (the most 'famous' record).

p.s. interesting fact: peter christopherson (1/2 of coil) was at some point part of hipgnosis the design company known for floyd artwork. look for his name in the credits of 'wywh'.

tmtk said:
coil compared to antimatter?
clearly, somebody dosen't know what he's talking about (either knowing nothing about coil or antimatter, you choose).

Your words compliment mine. Obviously it was a typical metal geek who heard samples and shit, and put us in the same boat. That Windowpane video makes me feel weird though. Especially the beginning..