Lacuna Coil

Originally posted by Lina
I think old Gathering (Mandylion and Nighttime Birds era) is a valid comparison to Lacuna Coil. I agree that they aren't exactly alike, but close enough so that if you liked one, I would recommend the other. Just good powerful rock with solid female singers who aren't trying so hard to sound "ethereal" like so many other female-fronted bands. I really didn't like HTMAP at all. I'm so disappointed at what they've become. But oh well, they're making themselves happy.

i know what you mean about HTMAP, and i can't express the need to listen to it more, i hated it and if then else, but the more i listened to it and gave it a chance the more i liked them. now they are both from my least fav albums come to be probably in my top 10 somewhere.:D (please listen to them again a lot, if you have the patience)

well, here's the thing -- i just don't like that genre. i hate radiohead, and that's basically what they've become. their fanbase has broadened a lot with those two albums, and i can understand why...but it just doesn't do it for me personally. i do like a few songs on if_then_else, amity for one. but i will always love mandylion and nighttime birds. they were one of the first metal bands i saw live, so i have fond memories.

Yes I like Lacuna Coil very much.

but.... I don't like the male/female interplay too much, but I definitely favor Cristina's singing over the Gathering's singer, if only because the latter's singer reminds me of one my friends now. Just a tad annoying :)

Call me a nitpicking sourpuss (to quote one Terrorizer scribe), but I find Lacuna Coil inevitably devoid of substance when compared to the artists in metal that I consider thought-provoking and non-superficial. What Lacuna Coil bring forward in me as far as emotions or states of mind go must be boredom. They're not actually too bad, I can fully understand why some like the band so much, yet too much of an uninspired quality shines through their material when I listen to it. On a further note, I think their first MCD actually sounded like yet another copy of "Gothic" -era Paradise Lost, instead of sounding that much like The Gathering. Not exactly enthralling.

Originally posted by E V I L
Yes I like Lacuna Coil very much.

but.... I don't like the male/female interplay too much, but I definitely favor Cristina's singing over the Gathering's singer, if only because the latter's singer reminds me of one my friends now. Just a tad annoying :)

so does that mean you dont like the fact that Christina is fucking the bloke :lol: , sorry i couldnt resist :p

but yeah, i always hated the bloke coming in and singing, used to give me a headache, now its easier to take his vocals, by the way, my friend said that in the first song of unleashed memories his brother thought that at the end the bloke says:

''watch the dying degos'' (sp?) (as in Italians) rather than ''watch the dying day comes'' anyway, racism aside it pisses me off now because i hear 'degos' (sp?) instead of day comes now :mad:

Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen
Call me a nitpicking sourpuss

ok i will you fucking nitpicking sourpuss, can't you find the words to say it yourself! call yourself a man, you aint got the balls mate. i sujest you pack your bags and take your stupid Terrorizer quotes with you off to Afghan, i don't want to find you posting here again. :p

ooops, i think i added a bit too much to your original nitpicking quote. sorry i suppose it just came from the heart. :loco:

ok i will you fucking nitpicking sourpuss, can't you find the words to say it yourself!

Yes, well, I asked for it, did I not? If I am going to get my opinion generate the response I suspect it to and thus give proof to my suspicions, I have to dig it out in another way as my thoughts regarding Lacuna Coil are in all their unnotable nitpicky sourpussism (hm, I find that sounds amusing) not very likely to have people react like that. So actually you did what I wanted you to...

Originally posted by Hannu Mutanen

Yes, well, I asked for it, did I not? If I am going to get my opinion generate the response I suspect it to and thus give proof to my suspicions, I have to dig it out in another way as my thoughts regarding Lacuna Coil are in all their unnotable nitpicky sourpussism (hm, I find that sounds amusing) not very likely to have people react like that. So actually you did what I wanted you to...

happy to oblige, i think :confused: , to tell you the truth i dont think i fully understand what you are saying, but what the hay. :loco:

I've said many times that I don't think they're thought-provoking and intense (talented?) the way Opeth is, so it's not like I'm offended. in fact, i'm surprised so many of you like them. they're just one of those bands that really strike a chord (no pun intended) with me (the way Katatonia does for many other people).

i've heard people say that they're uninspired and unoriginal, yet i've never heard another band like them (aside from the two gathering albums). most other female-fronted metal groups have wretched vocalists who shriek way too high. or the music is too doomy and slow. it's just a personal thing i guess -- i get pumped when i sing along to lacuna coil.

i need to be their official spokesman, i've posted way too many times on this thread. :)

Saying something its unispired its too subjetive. Saying it doesnt has intensity to express its more fitting ( but i would disagree on that and point the fact that while the other band members might not be the top of the hard musicians opeth fans are used to Cristina sings with a lot of sentiment in her voice, and that its purely subjective on my part and on many people too so its really up to you if you like em.

Originally posted by Lina
I've said many times that I don't think they're thought-provoking and intense (talented?) the way Opeth is, so it's not like I'm offended. in fact, i'm surprised so many of you like them. they're just one of those bands that really strike a chord (no pun intended) with me (the way Katatonia does for many other people).

i've heard people say that they're uninspired and unoriginal, yet i've never heard another band like them (aside from the two gathering albums). most other female-fronted metal groups have wretched vocalists who shriek way too high. or the music is too doomy and slow. it's just a personal thing i guess -- i get pumped when i sing along to lacuna coil.

i need to be their official spokesman, i've posted way too many times on this thread. :)

yeah ive said that myself, they aren't the best musicly, i just love the stuff like falling (the EP version is better) and circle, but for awhile now ive found myself not wanting to listen to their stuff, i think ive wron them out, i listened to them lots and lots awhile ago and in a few months i'll listen to them again lots. but still one of my fav bands, and they can only improve (theyve only been around for roughly 4 years)

Transparent: It is nothing new to me that I sometimes fail to express myself in an understandable way. What I meant was that I have to ask people to call me a nitpicking sourpuss, since if I voice my picky opinions about music they will much less likely have people respond that way. A very ill logic, yeah, but it's late/early in the morning and I am working on my essay on "The life of Brian"...