Lacuna Coil to drop off Opeth tour

Elysian Blaze

The Blade
Aug 1, 2002
Hagerstown, MD
Well, it's a great possibility. According to Blabbermouth.net, there have been some serious immigration issues, and the Coil may not be on the tour at all.

I don't know about you guys, but I will be thoroughly pissed. I'm there for Opeth, of course, but I've been a Lacuna Coil fan for quite some time and I've never seen them before.

I just read about this, too. This really sucks since the only reason I bought my wife a ticket is cuz she wanted to see Lacuna. This is for the Massachusetts show which, if I'm not mistaken, is the second or third show of the tour.

-iz

:cry:

I have seen Lacuna Coil once before and they were amazing...I was very much looking forward to seeing them again, especially to hear some of the new songs live. I hope things work out. If not I will be thoroughly disappointed:( .

From Blabbermouth:

LACUNA COIL Off OPETH/PARADISE LOST Tour! - Jan. 6, 2003

Italian gothic metal combo LACUNA COIL are reportedly on the verge of dropping off the upcoming OPETH/PARADISE LOST North American tour.

"I don't know if they are off the whole tour or not," a spokesperson for the group's label, Century Media Records, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET Monday night. "I do know that there was a major immigration problem. Century Media stepped in on Friday to try and fix it. We got Immigration everything they needed and had them put a rush on things to try and make it happen. We're hoping it can get done in time so the band can either do the whole tour or at least some of it, but this late in the game, I will say it doesn't look good."

They dropped off last time I was supposed to see them but they were replaced by Dark Tranquillity so it was very cool with me. I saw Lacuna Coil live before and they were good, and I even spoke with Christina for about 15 minutes afterwards. She is really very nice. It is a shame that they are not coming, but I was mostly going for Opeth so it is no big deal I guess.

Bullpen Promotions has confirmed that LACUNA COIL has pulled out of the OPETH US/Canadian tour. Reasons for Lacuna Coil's absence are unknown at this time, and there has been no word about a possible replacement.

no offense to anyone, but im kind of glad they dropped it. thats one less band to stand through waiting for Opeth. any word on a replacement? hell, i dont even know if i'll be able to make it.