LACUNA COIL Tour Cancellation: The Official Statement

loudsilence

Empty
Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque, New Mexico
LACUNA COIL have officially dropped off the forthcoming North American tour with OPETH and PARADISE LOST.

The following is an official statement from the group's label, Century Media Records, regarding the cancellation:

"Italy's LACUNA COIL will regretfully be unable to participate on the upcoming '4 Absent Friends' tour with OPETH, PARADISE LOST, and TAPPING THE VEIN due to the untimely processing of their immigration paperwork, which has effected many touring bands from abroad since September 11th, 2001.

"LACUNA COIL are making every effort to return to North America as soon as possible to promote their album, 'Comalies', and are actively seeking another touring option for early spring/early summer."

Blah. I just read that at Digital Metal. LC was one of the big reasons I was going. I still might go, but I doubt it. No sense in driving that far to see just Opeth. Paradise Lost and Tapping The Vein aren't my... thing.

Wow... that's pretty fucked up.... not that I care I suppose... they never woulda made it to Australia with Opeth anyways.... :cry:

Damnit! I hope they get replaced by someone good, at least. If they don't, major carnage will take place...

It'd be nice if either

a.) Opeth filled in for the time LC is missing.
b.) A really awesome band replaced them, such as Porcupine Tree
See Also : Katatonia
See Also : Dark Tranquillity