PARADISE LOST To Play Longer Set Following LACUNA COIL's Cancellation

threak

Oct 21, 2002
PARADISE LOST To Play Longer Set Following LACUNA COIL's Cancellation - Jan. 10, 2003

As a result of LACUNA COIL's recent withdrawal from the 4 Absent Friends North American tour, PARADISE LOST have been moved up the bill and will be playing a 40-minute set as direct support to headliners OPETH, according to the PL's official web site. Philadelphia's TAPPING THE VEIN will move into the third slot with a 20-minute set.

LACUNA COIL were forced to cancel their participation in the tour earlier this week due to the untimely processing of their immigration paperwork, which has affected many touring bands from abroad since Sep. 11, 2001.

That's gotta suck.... :\

Look what I found about the portuguese gig...

Opeth
Event times: 13-Feb-2003 (Thu)
8:30 PM - 9:00 PM Support
9:15 PM - 11:00 PM Opeth

Nearly a two hour set :) Can't find the tickets on sale anywhere though :\ Maybe they're waiting to confirm the support in the euro tour....

That's good for Paradise Lost, but truthfully, I feel the headliner band should get the extra time, unless they were asked and didn't take it (which I doubt).

sure a longer opeth set would have been better, but i saw paradise lost in 2001 and they offer a good show. i hope you all will enjoy it :)

38 days to go for me!!! :hotjump: yippeeeeeeeeeee

Hey, who says that the guys won't give us an extra song or two?

I mean, since we're all so crushed about the absence of Lacuna Coil, I think the guys should play a quick To Bid You Farewell and dedicate it to his poor Italian friends who couldn't make it onto the tour!

Whaddya say, Mikey?

They (the promoters) in all liklihood DID ask Opeth to play a longer set, and it doesn't suprise me ONE BIT Opeth declined. Opeth goes out on tour practicing and rehearsing a specific amount of songs for their set. Being as they dont play as a band on a regular basis, they don't have the time to go back into the reharsal room, and practice 3 new songs to play live. So they probably were offered, and said "fuck it, we cant get 3 new songs ready for the beginning of the tour" and just allotted it to Paradise Lost. Here in lies, the disadvantages of not practicing as a band on regualr basis.

It'll still be the 4 absent friends tour. Pratoria will take Lacuna Coil's place.
opethn.gif

I saw Lacuna Coil once before so it is no big deal to miss them although I do admit the new Paradise Lost album pretty much blows.
Either way, I am there to see Opeth. Last time I saw Opeth they had 40 minutes only and I wasn't too happy with what they picked although they still were awesome.

Originally posted by Domination
It'll still be the 4 absent friends tour. Pratoria will take Lacuna Coil's place.
opethn.gif
i saw that on inertia's site too, but is praetoria only covering for lacuna coil for the toronto show, since they are a toronto band?

In the first place, I think it's a sad situation when a band like Paradise Lost, having joined a major label to play their commercial gothic rock , are forced to open for Opeth!!

And in the second, if they've been given more time which only adds up to 40 meager minutes, I'm surprised they were on the bill at all. Where they seriously only going to have 20 or 30 minutes of stage time before LC dropped out???