LACUNA COIL Tour Cancellation: The Official Statement

Originally posted by ControlledChaos
What about NOVEMBRE?????? :)

OK, let's think about this.

A bunch of Italians who have been preparing for this can't get their paperwork on time and are off the tour.

So as their replacements, you suggest a bunch of Italians who at the last minute are going to START their preparations and paperwork?

um...

Don't blame it on being Italian you fuckhead.
Dark Tranquillity is touring with Nile, so you willnot see them as a replacement, plus the only reason they filled in last time was In Flames was the headliner.

Bummer...I was afraid that this was gonna happen.
I was soooo looking forward to seeing Lacuna Coil again. *sigh* I really don't think they will be able to find a replacement this late in the game. What will probably happen is that a local band in each city may fill the slot...that's usually not a good thing, but sometimes ya get pleasantly surprised:) .

"Not worth it to drive all that way just to see Opeth"

bulllllshit. Opeth are worth every penny in my bank. I really should go to the Montreal show too, but I can't get enough time off work, or some similar excuse.

I was looking forward to seeing Lacuna Coil, but more Opeth time can't be a bad thing!!! :D

IIf they are to replace LC on this tour, they are clearly going to need to use an American band, or else they'll most certainly run into the same issues. I'm not which American bands are both currently available and would fit into the bill.

GZ

Guys, it's not the "italians" faults... They have been trying to get okayed to come back to the states for a while now. They are told yes, you're papers will be ready, they book a tour, and the papers AREN'T ready. MANY bands overseas are having this problem since 9/11. It's not under their control, it's the governments. I'm pretty sure they will get some sort of replacement. I will let you know for sure when it gets confirmed. It's a bit up in the air at the moment. Just because a band is European doesn't mean they would have the same problem. Many bands have already toured in the last 6 months that could easily tour again because their working visas are still valid.

Originally posted by Oaklain
Dark Tranquillity is touring with Nile, so you willnot see them as a replacement, plus the only reason they filled in last time was In Flames was the headliner.

Did IQs suddenly drop sharply around here or something?

An ITALIAN band who has attempted to get their paperwork processed could NOT GET INTO THE COUNTRY.

So how would another ITALIAN band who has NOT even STARTED the process be able to do so?

What the hell does THAT have to do with Dark Tranquillity at ALL?

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
Did IQs suddenly drop sharply around here or something?

An ITALIAN band who has attempted to get their paperwork processed could NOT GET INTO THE COUNTRY.

So how would another ITALIAN band who has NOT even STARTED the process be able to do so?

What the hell does THAT have to do with Dark Tranquillity at ALL?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Oaklain

Actually, the only reason they filled in last time was because the tour needed a Century Media band to fill the open slot. I don't understand how you people cannot get it through your semi-thick skulls that the BANDS DON'T DECIDE ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR TOURS. :rolleyes:

And why was their an open slot? Because Lacuna Coil fucked up again and didn't want to come here w/o a new album to support. Call me crazy, but if I'd never been to the USA to tour and possibly GET MORE FANS, I'd go as soon as I had a good chance to. Now they get this wrong? Stay home, how's that sound?

And right, don't blame it on being Italian, that's got nothing to do with it. If you think otherwise, well I know some people that'd like to speak to you...