Lacuna Coil is incredible!

who ever thinks lacuna coil is good has rocks for brains....dammit....maybe joining this forum was a mistake....i didnt know opeth fans sucked this bad...eh ...im sure there are a few here that have somethin workin in their heads...im gonna go find em : )

*enters playground brawl*

lacuna coil are definitely becoming generic. they have an awful lot of commercial concerns at stake now and it's starting to become obvious in their music IMO. Comalies is a decent release, but it really doesn't have any bite anymore.

Christina's voice is way over-rated too. She can sing, but Anneke's voice is considerably better, as is the Madder Mortem vocalist (can't remember her name....)

LuminousAether said:
Opeth... out to dazzle with technical brilliance? Lacuna Coil... anything besides the most boring female led metal band right now? Well, I know someone I won't be taking any recommendations from...

shut up.

veil the sky said:
lacuna coil are definitely becoming generic. they have an awful lot of commercial concerns at stake now and it's starting to become obvious in their music IMO. Comalies is a decent release, but it really doesn't have any bite anymore.

Christina's voice is way over-rated too. She can sing, but Anneke's voice is considerably better, as is the Madder Mortem vocalist (can't remember her name....)
I agree. "Heaevn's A Lie" is a blatant attempt to have a pop chart hit.

And
The Gathering > Lacuna Coil

Kate Bush Rules! said:

And

Yeah, clearly songs with titles like that are a blatant attempt at a pop chart hit. I don't think your average radio station would play anything with a title like that thanks to the christian outrage that would surely result if anyone noticed it. Anti-christian sounding titles aren't really a recurring theme in big chart hits.

veil the sky said:
*enters playground brawl*

I think comalies is good. Maybe it's more commercial, but it's a hell of a lot more pleasant to listen to than Unleashed Memories. I haven't heard anything older than that unless you count the halflife ep, which I thought was wretched thanks to that guy trying to growl. If his growling is what you mean by bite, then thank god they're losing it.
Christina has a really good voice, I think. She pulls it off perfectly live, too, which I think is a good sign. Anneke maybe is a better singer, but she's less forceful I guess. I don't really compare the two. I think I like Christina's singing more because it sounds more womanly while Anneke sounds like some kind of waif in the style of sarah mclachlan that's going to blow away. I like the gathering a lot (more than Lacuna Coil even), don't get me wrong, I just like Christina's style more. As for the singer for Madder Mortem, I've only heard like three songs, but they were all sung in this bizarre intentionly dissonant out of tune disgusting voice. If she has any actually melodic vocals then maybe I'd compare her talent wise with the other two, but since all I've heard are the disgusting vocals on Madder Mortem's last CD's mp3 samples that are floating around the net, I can't say I think she's a good singer at all.

LuminousAether said:
I'm one of the Opeth fans you are talking about... but I haven't been a raving Opeth fanboy since My Arms, Your Hearse came out... they've dropped severely in quality since then.

fool.

theres this album called still life. its the best album ever made. its by a band called opeth. you are a fool.

Kate Bush Rules! said:

And

absolutely!

the gathering are better for so many reasons, although i find the incessant comparisons of bands just because they have a female vocalist a bit grating.

Yeah, clearly songs with titles like that are a blatant attempt at a pop chart hit. I don't think your average radio station would play anything with a title like that thanks to the christian outrage that would surely result if anyone noticed it. Anti-christian sounding titles aren't really a recurring theme in big chart hits.

last time i checked most radio stations aren't under the stranglehold of a fundamentalist christian authority. i'm pretty sure the song has got a lot of radio airplay. and no-one is suggesting that Lacuna Coil are going to be in the top 10 any time soon, but they are definitely becoming more bland and 'accessible'.

I think comalies is good. Maybe it's more commercial, but it's a hell of a lot more pleasant to listen to than Unleashed Memories. I haven't heard anything older than that unless you count the halflife ep, which I thought was wretched thanks to that guy trying to growl. If his growling is what you mean by bite, then thank god they're losing it.
Christina has a really good voice, I think. She pulls it off perfectly live, too, which I think is a good sign. Anneke maybe is a better singer, but she's less forceful I guess. I don't really compare the two. I think I like Christina's singing more because it sounds more womanly while Anneke sounds like some kind of waif in the style of sarah mclachlan that's going to blow away. I like the gathering a lot (more than Lacuna Coil even), don't get me wrong, I just like Christina's style more. As for the singer for Madder Mortem, I've only heard like three songs, but they were all sung in this bizarre intentionly dissonant out of tune disgusting voice. If she has any actually melodic vocals then maybe I'd compare her talent wise with the other two, but since all I've heard are the disgusting vocals on Madder Mortem's last CD's mp3 samples that are floating around the net, I can't say I think she's a good singer at all.

'pleasant to listen to' is not something i look for in an album, if it were i'd probably be listening to Whitney Houston. for me, Unleashed Memories is melodically more adventurous with more thorough arrangements. this is the kind of 'bite' i believe is missing in the new album.

Christina has a 'decent' voice, i stand by that. i've seen every live performance they have done in the uk, and she has improved a lot over the last 5 years, but for me, anneke is a totally different class, with a much more powerful voice and better technique.

Agnete (Madder Mortem) does purposefully sing dissonant and IMO to good effect, she has very good technique, strong voice and excellent tuning. i've seen MM live too and i can tell you she is a better singer onstage as well . the fact that MM use things such as melodic dissonance in an effort to create atmosphere is one of the reasons i would listen to them before the new lacuna coil. i don't think Christina's voice is confident enough to be able to attempt the kind of things agnete does. and i don't think lacuna coil would dare to anymore!

wankerness said:
Let's have a look at the lyrics for the chorus:

"Set me free, yeah, heaven's a lie,
Set me free with your love, heaven's a lie"

Wow, what original lyrics. It's definitely a pop song.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
Let's have a look at the lyrics for the chorus:

"Set me free, yeah, heaven's a lie,
Set me free with your love, heaven's a lie"

Wow, what original lyrics. It's definitely a pop song.
WHO CARES. It sounds good to me. I don't know too many european metal bands that have lyrics much better than that, either. So STFU. They're not nearly as horrible as such gems by the gathering like:

The day you went away, you had to screw me over!
I guess you, DIDN'T KNOW!! OOOO!!
All the stuff you left me with, it's far too much to handle
I guess you, DON'T CARE!

Those are both less original and A LOT CRAPPIER than lacuna coil, and you say that the gathering is better than them, so maybe you shouldn't go insulting their lyrics and using that for the basis as to why they're pop and the gathering aren't. DIE!

wankerness said:
WHO CARES. It sounds good to me. I don't know too many european metal bands that have lyrics much better than that, either. So STFU. They're not nearly as horrible as such gems by the gathering like:

The day you went away, you had to screw me over!
I guess you, DIDN'T KNOW!! OOOO!!
All the stuff you left me with, it's far too much to handle
I guess you, DON'T CARE!

Those are both less original and A LOT CRAPPIER than lacuna coil, and you say that the gathering is better than them, so maybe you shouldn't go insulting their lyrics and using that for the basis as to why they're pop and the gathering aren't. DIE!
I didn't say "Heaven's A Lie" sucked, I just said it was a bland pop sellout song (OK, I actually do think it sucks). And don't use ghey internet lingo like "STFU".

"Saturnine" is an excellent song. Unlike "Heaven's A Lie" it has a lot of emotion and is more original in its use of synthesisers and heavy guitars. And I don't see how the lyrics are less original.

I think you're missing the point that people may have a different opinion than you. (you being the general consenus of people). I've seen in other forums where fights like these go on, and on, and on, and there never really is a conclusion. You need to accept that people aren't going to agree or disagree with you all the time.

In my opinion, and again, it may not be what you like, but I like Lacuna Coil. Their lyrics may not be spectacular, but for certain situations that I've experienced, they've helped me cope and help me work through my problems.

But that's just my opinion.

I enjoy Cristina's vocals, mostly because I love to sing their songs, and I'm able to hit most of her pitches. I'm not a very musical person (I can't write music or read it) but I can identify and be able to sing along with their melodies and harmonies.

I'm not in here to fight, just to simply state my opinion.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but again, this is my opinion.

Think about how boring life would be if everyone thought the same.

Hope everyone is well,

-Christina-