Lacuna Coil

SaintJoshy

City of the moon.
Aug 8, 2001
US
www.angelfire.com
Hey i was just wondering if any of you all listen to Lacuna Coil? I was on amazon.com lookin at opeth cds and they had like a sale if you bought a blackwater park cd with a lacuna coil cd. So I decided to download some lacuna coil songs. I think its an awesome band, and if you havn't heard of the italian goth metal band, you should hear them sometime. anyway, later

Josh

hey, i can put our differences aside to say that i love them. ;) in fact, i was just exclaiming in the "first concert" thread that they're coming to the U.S. in Dec.

Yeah, pretty darn good. Do wish they'd make more use of the guys vocals, though, they add a nice twist. He must get bored in live gigs, there's alot of songs he either does nothing or only sings part of 1 verse. He gets all the crappy lyrics to sing as well :lol:

yeah i love the band, Unleashed memories is one of my favourite albums of the year so far. i can only say one bad thing about them, and thats, that the lyrics aren't the best, but when it sounds this good who cares. :D , and the lyrics will get better anyway.

it's a big pity they won't come over to England :cry: , both them and the gathering refuse to come over :mad: , but ive been told its because its too exspensive to get a flight and getting a tour bus etc. oh well, i'll keep hoping.

I love the old stuff, like the first ep...

can't say that i terribly enjoy the new one tho...!

I love all four of their albums. Someone's gonna have to hold me back from jumping onstage and singing with Cristina. :lol:

Transparent, I think their lyrics are pretty good -- they sing about real stuff whereas most bands in that genre try to be all Shakespearean and mystical sounding. I thought the lyrics on In a Reverie were best.

Originally posted by Lina
I love all four of their albums. Someone's gonna have to hold me back from jumping onstage and singing with Cristina. :lol:

Transparent, I think their lyrics are pretty good -- they sing about real stuff whereas most bands in that genre try to be all Shakespearean and mystical sounding. I thought the lyrics on In a Reverie were best.

yeah, that albums lyrics are goodish in places, some are just plain awful though. i think it all goes together great anyway, and i still hate em for not coming over to england :mad:

I started getting into The Gathering a while back which soon led me to check out Lacuna Coil. I am very happy I started listening. That's very cool that you are getting to see them, Lina. I will have to see if they are coming anywhere near me...

I dont know why do Cristina and Lacuna Coil dont run away from that comparition. I never found the gathering that similar to begin with i mean ok female vocals in a melodic rather than opera style fashion. Big Deal. Gathering its supposed to be "Pioneer" in female singing as some people have quoted and i found that silly. I have my Skydancer copy and it included Female vocals on the same style and its way older than Mandylon.
And well yea Lacuna Coil's lyrics sometimes seem awkward and weird ( and nEEeever any feeling in SIIiiide...Ruuuning me....ok that ruining me was very weird ) But they are Italian and as Cristina stated in an interview she actually had help from some Century media Italian American person cause her English wasnt that great....Besides their songs are deeply personal on the lyric side thats why they could be misunderstood

I think old Gathering (Mandylion and Nighttime Birds era) is a valid comparison to Lacuna Coil. I agree that they aren't exactly alike, but close enough so that if you liked one, I would recommend the other. Just good powerful rock with solid female singers who aren't trying so hard to sound "ethereal" like so many other female-fronted bands. I really didn't like HTMAP at all. I'm so disappointed at what they've become. But oh well, they're making themselves happy.